Will this finally settle the Manning - Brady debate?

Brady settled it already...a few Super Bowls ago.
My take on it is that Brady gets the honor because of playoff wins and Super Bowls. I don’t think he is/was a better qb than manning but he was lucky enough to play in a much better situation his whole career.... manning had to carry his teams... Brady has always been surrounded by a great cast and probably the greatest nfl coach of all time... had manning played under belichick his whole career I have no doubts he would have as many Super Bowls as Brady, conversely had Brady played for those same colt teams he doesn’t have any more Super Bowls than manning, I honestly doubt he would have any. So yes Brady gets the GOAT award but not because he is the better talent, but because he was the beneficiary of much better circumstances his entire career.

My take on it is that Brady gets the honor because of playoff wins and Super Bowls. I don’t think he is/was a better qb than manning but he was lucky enough to play in a much better situation his whole career.... manning had to carry his teams... Brady has always been surrounded by a great cast and probably the greatest nfl coach of all time... had manning played under belichick his whole career I have no doubts he would have as many Super Bowls as Brady, conversely had Brady played for those same colt teams he doesn’t have any more Super Bowls than manning, I honestly doubt he would have any. So yes Brady gets the GOAT award but not because he is the better talent, but because he was the beneficiary of much better circumstances his entire career.
Peyton had a GM that would keep a Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark throughout their productivity...Brady didn’t save for habitually injured Gronk. In addition to the sheer number of Super Bowl and AFC championship game APPEARANCES...much less wins there’s no contest. And the passing marks Peyton put up are soon to be passed up if not already (thank god for Drew Brees). Patriots never carried Brady...quite the vice-versa. Belichick is the superior football mind to whoever Peyton had as his HC, but Belichick was average to below mediocre as a HC before Brady emerged. As a Peyton apologist, I yielded to reality a long time ago on this one.

Some how the whole GOAT thing got tied to Superbowl wins. I get it I guess but this ain't golf or tennis, you can't just go on Majors wins...its a team game. If we're on the school yard and we're picking teams and every big time NFL QB is there in their prime, I'm taking Dan Marino first. Never won a SB, only played in one, but if you just want the best QB talent on your team you take Dan.

Peyton had a GM that would keep a Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark throughout their productivity...Brady didn’t save for habitually injured Gronk. In addition to the sheer number of Super Bowl and AFC championship game APPEARANCES...much less wins there’s no contest. And the passing marks Peyton put up are soon to be passed up if not already (thank god for Drew Brees). Patriots never carried Brady...quite the vice-versa. Belichick is the superior football mind to whoever Peyton had as his HC, but Belichick was average to below mediocre as a HC before Brady emerged. As a Peyton apologist, I yielded to reality a long time ago on this one.
See I would argue that PM pushed the players around him to that next level including MH, RW, etc. There were plenty of nobodies that benefited playing with Manning. I would argue the colts spent money on the wrong side of the ball. If they had spent on the defense and had Manning develop the offense players then they would have been more successful. This is what the Broncos did and what the Patriots do.

See I would argue that PM pushed the players around him to that next level including MH, RW, etc. There were plenty of nobodies that benefited playing with Manning. I would argue the colts spent money on the wrong side of the ball. If they had spent on the defense and had Manning develop the offense players then they would have been more successful. This is what the Broncos did and what the Patriots do.

MH, RW, DC hell even Antonio Gonzalez. First round picks! Yeah he made em better! Harrison isn’t in the HOF otherwise, but he is. Name Brady’s go to receivers in his early doings. What round was Julian Edelman drafted? Brady HAD to make other players better because he was the only one with a certain future on the team. Epic season with a legit HOF in Randy Moss who anybody could have nabbed at that point in their career. I fought the good fight on this one for way too long, but the final tipping point was that comeback win against the Falcons when the game was done. Brady has NEVER been dominated in a game with stakes...like Peyton was against Seattle and earlier against the Jets. You don’t BEAT Brady...you outlast him. No one being honest with themselves, breathed easy last year until that final pass to Gronk fell incomplete.

Did Matt Cassel carry them in 08 to 11 wins while Brady sat out injured?

Manning settled it the last time he beat Brady in the AFC Championship game with Denver, making him 3-1 against the “goat” in such games and eventually becoming the only qb to ever win a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

Put em on his shoulders did he? Cmon. Peyton himself made that joke at the ESPY’s a couple of years ago about his defense carrying him to that last SB title.

Reactions: NashVol11
Lol, Mannings colts teams had tons of talent, including a hall of fame wr.

Guess we see things differently, those patriots teams were overall much better than those colts teams.... if they played each other and you took Brady and Manning off their teams and put generic qb’s on them both the patriots win 9 times out of 10. As a matter of fact the year Brady went down in the first or second game of the year the patriots still went 11-5 with the backup qb, the year manning was out for the colts they went 1-15, I don’t know that speaks volumes to me.

I don’t see what the big deal is . Peyton is the Goat and Brady is a skeezy, crybaby that has officials throwing flags at you if you brush up against him . See it’s simple . 😊

There’s no science to it. Some will claim Dan Marino is the GOAT. There’s no one wrong in an opinion.

VN Store

Back