Lady Vols vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Game Thread

IMO, it is truly amazing HW can take this many talented players and get them to play this bad.. It just doesn't seem possible. Holly, I am starting to believe!

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I understand Westbrook is the go to player on this team but come on why keep forcing the ball and commit awful turnovers. Again her turnover when we had the lead was the dagger.

Do you really think this effects them getting into the tourney? I feel like they would have to lose quite a few more in conference before that can be seriously talked about. They do have a good SOS and a quality win vs Texas. I think they would literally have to finish in the bottom 3 of the conference & completely tank in the SEC Tourney to not get an invite to the NCAAs.
I certainly think it does. I do not see a team that we can for sure beat right now. Maybe vandy but when lowly alabama and Arkansas kick our butts who else wont?

The Lady Vols have lost 5 in a row and the boys are #1 in the country. Times are good.
Does anyone here think Rick Barnes would lose a game on a last second shot with 3 fouls left to give? Or would Barnes use his fouls and take the ball out of the hands of the other teams best player? Double team her on the in-bounds pass after using the 3rd foul and force someone else to beat him? You know? Coach a team like you actually give a damn if they win or not?

Right now because we can`t defend we need offense put up point to win. I think that lineup should be able to score. But first Holly needs to find out what position will Davis play 3 or 4. Rae has good looking stroke from 3

I understand Westbrook is the go to player on this team but come on why keep forcing the ball and commit awful turnovers. Again her turnover when we had the lead was the dagger.
But we wouldn't even have been in the game without her offensive performance. Double edged sword. She is going to have some turnovers if she is expected to generate most of the offense. She wasn't the only one with a turnover the last few minutes. Some of our players need to learn how to catch the ball and also slow things down offensively when we have the lead. And then obviously play defense. We weren't in this game without Westbrook.

Do you really think this effects them getting into the tourney? I feel like they would have to lose quite a few more in conference before that can be seriously talked about. They do have a good SOS and a quality win vs Texas. I think they would literally have to finish in the bottom 3 of the conference & completely tank in the SEC Tourney to not get an invite to the NCAAs.

Hate to break it to you but we are in the bottom 3 of the conference and having won only once in 5 sec games our chances of completely tanking in the sec tourney look pretty strong. We might squeak in the tourney and would probably get a sympathy ask if we're anywhere near the last in line. So yippy skippy we can slip in and play a 1 seed like say, UConn! Can't wait.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Every body was out of position, except maybe London. Who the heck was Rennia defending. Ray was suppose to be help side. There was no communication at all.
7B141118-F9F0-4E64-936E-156E08D4F74A.jpeg

Reactions: Will83

Assuming they beat the 4 SEC bottom feeders (Vandy x2, Ole Miss and UF), they would have to split games with LSU, Mizzou, MSST, SC, Auburn and TAMU. I think MSST, Mizzou and SC are guaranteed losses. So they would have to sweep Auburn, TAMU and LSU. I don't see that happening. They could well lose to Ole Miss and UF. Combined with a 6 game minimum losing streak, I think they have a huge uphill battle to getting an at large bid.

Right now because we can`t defend we need offense put up point to win. I think that lineup should be able to score. But first Holly needs to find out what position will Davis play 3 or 4. Rae has good looking stroke from 3
Cant defend especially the 3 shot has been going on for every year holly has been head coach. This is not a one time thing but an every day thing!

Reactions: Momto2
Interesting that the men's team is #1 with zero "Top 100" players, and the LV's are in the basement with all Top 10 players. Almost as if there was something missing that them men have in spades...rhymes with "poaching".

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Nah, Rae circus turnover at half court trying to dribble and then Arky hit that three to cut the lead to one off the turnover. We had the momentum also.

Someone in the press corps isn't doing their job if they don't ask Holly why we didn't foul when the ball crossed half court on Arky's last possession. Part of the problem here is that she isn't being held accountable for some of her worst coaching decisions by the all too friendly local media. Maria Cornelius is probably defending this on that other site right now.

Yep EW was screened out of the play and Green and Davis was watching the game
Green is where she was supposed to be. Her girl left the paint to set a ball screen, her area is the paint. If Green would’ve committed to the ball the paint would’ve been wide open from the cutter. Rennia should’ve stepped up and stopped ball and Rae should’ve had one foot in the lane.

VN Store

Back