Someone else on the horizon

I want Al Wilson on staff. It can be an off-field role, whatever. Heck, make him "pre-game speech analyst", and have him give all pregame speeches.

Just give him season tickets behind team at mid-field. Trust me they will hear him and they will do anything to keep from getting that "Gorgon Stare" from Big Al!

The team was certainly headed in the right direction when do we had Wilcox and Company controlling the defense. As soon as his staff decided that doofus' micromanagement would make working here impossible, that's when we fell off the bridge. Of course I think Doofus also realized that the gig was up and didn't even bother trying to recruit in his last eight months on the job.

Reactions: feathersax
The team was certainly headed in the right direction when do we had Wilcox and Company controlling the defense. As soon as his staff decided that doofus' micromanagement would make working here impossible, that's when we fell off the bridge. Of course I think Doofus also realized that the gig was up and didn't even bother trying to recruit in his last eight months on the job.
Yes. We should’ve fired him before we left Lexington at the end of 2011. Instead we let Dooley handle another 1 1/2 recruiting cycles and prolong the rebuilding.

Just give him season tickets behind team at mid-field. Trust me they will hear him and they will do anything to keep from getting that "Gorgon Stare" from Big Al!

My 12 year-old son and I were at the Vol walk for the '98 Arkansas game. When Al Wilson came by, I turned to my son and said "Did you see the look on Al Wilson's face?!" The guy next to me responded: "Yeah! He scared the heII out of me!" Would love to have Wilson as LB coach.

I know some don't like him.. but I respect his word and don't want anyone trashing Swain.. seems like he is indicating someone else might be heading to the coaching staff.. any ideas??

(BTW he WAS spot on with the Tee and Chaney hires)
he was referring to Tee?

My 12 year-old son and I were at the Vol walk for the '98 Arkansas game. When Al Wilson came by, I turned to my son and said "Did you see the look on Al Wilson's face?!" The guy next to me responded: "Yeah! He scared the heII out of me!" Would love to have Wilson as LB coach.

Never going to happen. He didn't graduate.

Fundamentally I don't think Dooley is a bad coordinator or head coach, he just wasn't ready for the spotlight

Agreed. However, if he had been able to find Rommel? National champions.

Really though, most teams would be well off to have him as WR's coach.

VN Store

Back