Alabama/Saban about to hire Sal Sunseri

Yeah because Dooley really made Missouri suck 🙄
Let’s see how he does with Bryant this year. Maybe he’s good and maybe he’s not. He sure blew it at the end of their bowl game. Overall he did have a solid year though. The question is can he do it consistently?

He’s been a dc four times.

Three of those stints only lasted 1 year, and one lasted two years.

And none of the jobs he took to leave those stints seem like promotions

I don't think that Sal is 'great' at anything.

He is perhaps passable as a position coach.

In the Saban era, this is the first time that I've thought that Bama has dropped off significantly in the skills of the coaching staff.

Reactions: Gatornator
There was one time in that horrible 2012 season. I remember the camera on sunseri. He made a call then he looked confused and waved off his own play called another one and the defense lolked back and he mad like a scratch all that and called another one. I was like dude you suck as a defensive coach that is apparent now but at least have the balls go with your gut. Shaking yourself off twice foesnt exactly breed confidence from your guys. Lol

Let’s see how he does with Bryant this year. Maybe he’s good and maybe he’s not. He sure blew it at the end of their bowl game. Overall he did have a solid year though. The question is can he do it consistently?

Good points. Having an NFL QB helps tremendously. I was meaning there were many Vol fans that thpught Dooley would screw their offense up and he didnt. Hopefully he does. Although Bryant isnt a scrub by any means and they still will have a very good, balanced offense. They will be a very difficult game for us yet. Again.

Losing DB coach Charlton Warren is a bigger loss

Not too worried there tho Mullen and Grantham will find a solid replacement

It’s funny how Georgia fans specifically **** on him said he couldn’t recruit or coach now their giddy lol

Guess after seeing him steal a few good ones outta GA like Hopper and Dean their opinion changed

But that’s only because Hopper was rated like a 90 on 247 and now he’s a 96 just a bunch of star gazers

Thank god Chris Steele and Jaydon Hill are already on campus or else possibly losing Elam would sting a hell of a lot more

Dooley made the decision to go 3-4 without having the personnel to do it. Sunseri failed but might have done better with the right players.

Sunseri is an excellent position coach. He was just a terrible DC. Different skill sets and Sunseri has an abundance of one and a complete lack of the other.

Some people can juggle (DC), others are one-handed, hairy-palmed whizzer grabbers. Ever seen Sunseri's hands?

Losing DB coach Charlton Warren is a bigger loss

Not too worried there tho Mullen and Grantham will find a solid replacement

It’s funny how Georgia fans specifically **** on him said he couldn’t recruit or coach now their giddy lol

Guess after seeing him steal a few good ones outta GA like Hopper and Dean their opinion changed

But that’s only because Hopper was rated like a 90 on 247 and now he’s a 96 just a bunch of star gazers

Thank god Chris Steele and Jaydon Hill are already on campus or else possibly losing Elam would sting a hell of a lot more
Well it sounds like Elam talked with Torrian Gray and is still heavily leaning towards Fla so that’s good news

He’s coached a lot of nfl guys so not exactly losing anything in that regard if anything he’s better then Warren and more experienced

VN Store

Back