"Departures have Saban Seeking Answers"

We can only hope!! Maybe this year will go to **** and Saban realizes its time to step aside and let fresh blood come in. But we all know he won’t resign until a coach agrees to take the job that Saban approves of....
what? making the national championship game is cause to resign?

We can only hope!! Maybe this year will go to **** and Saban realizes its time to step aside and let fresh blood come in. But we all know he won’t resign until a coach agrees to take the job that Saban approves of....
I don't think Saban approving of it will have anything to do with the decision. Alabama is not Saban's "momma" like it was Bear's. He might not even really care who they hire after him. Saban is a mercenary who had precisely zero previous ties to the school before he took the HC job there.

Not gonna act like bama is about to fall off into oblivion Tennessee style but that loss had a USC vs Texas vibe to me and it’s been a rough week for the tide. I’d really like to see Alabama and Tennessee at full power at the same time once in my life.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
Sal Sunseri looking like he's going to Bama. Per footballscoop

Alabama: Florida defensive line coach Sal Sunseri is expected to join Nick Saban’s staff in a full-time capacity, sources told FootballScoop. The move could become official as early as today. Sunseri’s son Vinnie recently returned to Alabama as a support staff member.

Not gonna act like bama is about to fall off into oblivion Tennessee style but that loss had a USC vs Texas vibe to me and it’s been a rough week for the tide. I’d really like to see Alabama and Tennessee at full power at the same time once in my life.
Ugh no. Never want Bama at "full power":p

Reactions: LibertyVol
For the most part I agree but I’d like to see Tennessee beat them when they aren’t down.
Ok.....I'll give you one year of that scenario. After that...................a lifetime of beat downs against a crappy Bama program.

Reactions: DWright39
Here's an "out there prediction" for the post Saban era. Fans want Dabo. Dabo says, "I'm good here at Clemson, why would I jump into following Saban at Bama".. Pruitt happy at UT.. Kids have adjusted to East Tennessee schools and friends and gets that phone call from Mike Shula about what a 8-4 season or worse is like in Tuscaloosa.. Where too next? Look no further than the now head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Freddy Kitchens. He will have made the playoffs with the Browns by then and will backfill the Saban vaccum! I'll bump this thread if that happens (If I'm still alive by then).

Meh, we'll see. I know everyone is celebrating these coaching departures but really this was by far the worse staff Saban has had. Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the evil empire but I doubt it.

Reactions: VolinMC
Sal Sunseri looking like he's going to Bama. Per footballscoop

Alabama: Florida defensive line coach Sal Sunseri is expected to join Nick Saban’s staff in a full-time capacity, sources told FootballScoop. The move could become official as early as today. Sunseri’s son Vinnie recently returned to Alabama as a support staff member.
I hope he is the DC. Paired with Botch, that combo will surely sink ole Nick.

Meh, we'll see. I know everyone is celebrating these coaching departures but really this was by far the worse staff Saban has had. Maybe this is the beginning of the end for the evil empire but I doubt it.
This is what I'm thinking also,,and I really hope I'm wrong.

Regardless of the fallout from that championship game, it is interesting to see the more-perceptive -than-most Alabama fans realize that Saban and his system won't be around forever, and what follows will almost assuredly be demonstrably worse. They watched that game and saw their own mortality.

Regardless of the fallout from that championship game, it is interesting to see the more-perceptive -than-most Alabama fans realize that Saban and his system won't be around forever, and what follows will almost assuredly be demonstrably worse. They watched that game and saw their own mortality.
That's a good point. A "isn't going to happen tomorrow, but going to happen eventually, and maybe sooner than I thought" type of thing.

The thing about this Alabama fanbase is that they are so woefully, incredibly underprepared for the end of the dynasty. Even more unprepeared than Pats fans are for the end, and way more unprepared for the end of Bear (Alabama was good, not great, during Bear's final 3 years). Now I know that no fanbase is prepared or ready for it to end, but Bammers seem exceedingly so because the run of success has been unprecedented and their expectations are so high. They aren't going to be OK with Saban's successor coming in and making the playoff once every few years.

I think the fanbases of some other teams would recalibrate a little bit, realize what they had was a once-in-a-lifetime event, and be OK with just a "great" team instead a historically great one. That isn't Alabama fans though, by and large.

Ugh no. Never want Bama at "full power":p

I know, right? Anybody who lived through the Cold War would never say "hey I wish we could go back to having the US & USSR at full nuclear power at the same time!!!".

I don't want assured mutual destruction, I want the good guys to win. Go Vols.

Reactions: DWright39

VN Store

Back