Holly.....Its So Hard To Say Goodbye!

I've been calling for Holly to be fired for a long time...but even I expected we'd beat Bama last night. I was prepared for the "What do you think about Holly now" ?loyalists to come out of the woodwork...glorifying her for beating a bad 9-8 team on a 3 game losing streak. But instead....we lose by 21 points? Unfathomable how far this program has fallen. Out of the top 25 now for sure. And the schedule looks bleak. This is a 5 alarm dumpster fire. A downright disgrace. Phil is being negligent in his duties allowing it to continue.

I think its over.

Under Pat Summit and attendance of 13,000, the LV were producing a profit of about $1.5 million dollars per year...few women's college basketball programs are profitable. Under Coach Harley Warlick the attendance ig less than 8,000 per game and is now a loss of $2 million dollars...that is significant. With 4 straight losses and more to come, the attendance will probably be around 6,000 or less depending on the season tickets already sold for the year. AD Fulmer absolutely does not need to wait until the season end to make a change...it is needed now to avoid further damage to the program. I strongly favor Kara Lawson or Candace Parker as the replacement coach.

I've accepted it and so have many more on VN. I think it's also reflected in the majority of the fanbase also. It is becoming totally agonizing to watch a complete LV game now. It will be reflected in the stands at TBA if not already and the sadness is all those beautiful banners hanging overhead. So Holly shakes her head and has no answers post game after Bama? As stated, I can't bear the anquish of watching them further so I'm going by what's been posted on VN today. If Holly doesn't have the answer(s), I'd say that just about does it, don't it ?
It truly is agonizing.....such anguish.....wow, it has hit rock-bottom.

If Holly needs to go I feel she should be a part of the AD in some capacity.She has been a faithful VFL and Pat did approve her for heir to HC job.

Reactions: lvocd
Under Pat Summit and attendance of 13,000, the LV were producing a profit of about $1.5 million dollars per year...few women's college basketball programs are profitable. Under Coach Harley Warlick the attendance ig less than 8,000 per game and is now a loss of $2 million dollars...that is significant. With 4 straight losses and more to come, the attendance will probably be around 6,000 or less depending on the season tickets already sold for the year. AD Fulmer absolutely does not need to wait until the season end to make a change...it is needed now to avoid further damage to the program. I strongly favor Kara Lawson or Candace Parker as the replacement coach.

Candace Parker does not want to coach, she is happy with her TV gig and has stated that. Kara has never coached.....

If Holly needs to go I feel she should be a part of the AD in some capacity.She has been a faithful VFL and Pat did approve her for heir to HC job.

Agreed. Just because Holly isn't head coach material doesn't mean that she is not a valuable member of the Tennessee athletic family. She is a respected member of the community and could serve the university well in another capacity.

That's why I wish she'd stepped down earlier in this part of her career. I'm afraid that she may be damaging her reputation as someone who realllllllly loves Tennessee and the Lady Vols by overstaying in the position she is clearly not cut out for. It has begun to feel incredibly selfish on her part that she's not recognizing the fact that the program needs a change at the top and that, for the sake of the program she loves, she should step down.

Reactions: 10cpride
Elevate Lockwood. Couldn't POSSIBLY do worse.

God, NO. Love Dean as a person, but, again, he doesn't seem to be head coach material. If he had anything to offer as far as implementing offenses and defenses, wouldn't he have done that already? I mean, he's been there for 15 years, and for the past 6 of those he's known his job could be in jeopardy if there weren't vast improvements. Yet, he (apparently) hasn't convinced Holly to update her knowledge and approach to coaching? Even if to save his own job?

Dean? Nope.

I think there needs to be a LV on the bench as an asst if the head coach isn’t a LV just because they can instill the LV way... in saying that the Princeton coach was a nice young up and coming coach or even then Marquette coach who really loves her guards and her teams can score the ball.

I think if you brought in a nonLV coach but had coach BG and coach reaves on the side lines along with one assistant of the head coaches choosing it would work out fine!

Neil Ivy is waiting her turn at ND to take over or she would probably be a good one too. I would be scared she would leave for the ND job when it came open.

I know she was removed by Witchita St (for “mistreatment” of players) but Jody (adams) birch was a young up and coming coach. I always wonder what is considered mistreatment and what happened or was she just being a young CPS (even coach summit admitted she had to change the way she coached because kids weren’t the same).

I wouldn’t mind Jeff Walz I guess but after his dust up McGraw last year I’m just like I dunno (although McGraw looked correct in saying Arike should have been the ACC player of the year in the end).

Anyways it’s fun to dream ... sign

I wouldn’t mind Jeff Walz I guess but after his dust up McGraw last year I’m just like I dunno (although McGraw looked correct in saying Arike should have been the ACC player of the year in the end).

Maybe McGraw was right, but she was still salty AF during that interview when she couldn't remember Asia's name.

I do wonder about that. During the write up about one of MSST's games, the opposing coach referred to their starting backcourt by number instead of name. I thought that was weird. Maybe the coaches don't know the other players' names...

Maybe McGraw was right, but she was still salty AF during that interview when she couldn't remember Asia's name.

I do wonder about that. During the write up about one of MSST's games, the opposing coach referred to their starting backcourt by number instead of name. I thought that was weird. Maybe the coaches don't know the other players' names...

Oh she was definitely not please but he didn’t have to do that! He could have saved that for a tongue in cheek comment of “I am sure my player has proved her worth now or something like that” LOL. I have to reread the comments but by saying the other player I didn’t find it a big deal but it was used as locker room incentive for sure lol. I still would rather win the NCAA rather than the ACC though! Lol I’m sure that ring was much better.
I also wonder if she had said “Arike should have won I’ve Asia”how that would have been received lol. But Jeff also has gotten into it with other coaches and even players (I think him and Brenda are a little frosty to one another LOL)... all in all he is a good coach but if we had to have a guy coach I like Kelly at OU especially if Ionescu made the jump this year! PF should make the call 😁

Reactions: Amb3096
She and Phil have know each other for years. I don't see him firing her BUT I do see him not extending her contract when it is up..
firing her without giving he the pink slip.

Gail Goestenkors

She and Phil have know each other for years. I don't see him firing her BUT I do see him not extending her contract when it is up..
firing her without giving he the pink slip.
He just extended her 3 years. If they wait that long, the program will be dead and buried.

Holly has Destroyed pats legacy. Sad no one in their athletic department gives a ****. This is very frustrating wtf Fulmer

Lol...it’s like I kept reading and nodding in agreement until all of the sudden I slammed into a brick wall of idiocy at the end.

VN Store

Back