Lady Vols vs. Alabama Game Thread

I find it comical because a lot of us have been saying it for several years and some
always tried to pretend that it wasn't hollys fault. after tonight there is no doubt that a change is needed.
I posted at beginning of last tear that we had no coach and i got ripped by these coaches on here guess i must be a prophet

Teams shoot badly some games but our team not only shoots bad they play very unintelligent basketball. A lot of the shots are bad ones and on defense we have no clue.

Reactions: Sportslady and T.J.
Seriously, I don't want to hear any nonsense about next year's recruits will be better, this team's players are lousy, or any such crap! Every year, it's the same cry from Holly worshippers and every year, they are wrong about what the real problem is! Holly is not head coach material, without Pat, I doubt she was assistant coach material! She just had to sit and watch the legend coach all those years. Year after year, you can see that the player's do not respect Holly, they don't believe in her. Player's stagnate in Holly's system (if there is any kind of system), they do not grow. If you come in an All-American, yeah you're good, but there is still a lot to learn before the pros; they need guidance and help. You don't get that, you look like how the Lady Vols looked tonight on the floor. Holly just throws up her hands on the sideline, no coaching whatsoever, no reactions, no adjustments. Players need that, my God coach Summitt was amazing at it!

I'm going to say it. I will not be surprised if Holly either steps down or takes a leave of absence before our next game.
Analysts saying "a talented team like Tennessee". Are they? Even if they aren't...there is NO EXCUSE for what is happening with this program. This is a five alarm dumpster fire...and has been trending down more and more each year to now being the lowest point in the program in decades. If Phil hesitant to fire because of the recruiting....WHAT DOES IT MATTER. We had the # 1 class just a couple years ago...and Holly has done NOTHING with it. So what's the point? What is Phil protecting here?

Yeah we're way talented basketball players, we just can't throw it in the damn ocean. I think potential is often mistaken for talent. Im not sure its really talent until its proven successful in actual games, such as say, hitting layups and stuff.

The issue, obviously, is the complete lack of ability to transform raw potential into actual talent

Reactions: montbb47
I don't know if we will even see next years recruits come here. I can't see Holly being the coach next season ane expect the recruits could decommit. These players really think a lot of Holly and the coaches here even though they can't seem to play very well on the court.

I remember at the begin of the season when we were bearing cupcakes with bad habits and when some poster complained about it others said we were not satisfied with anything. I said, those bad habits would become repetitive.

Reactions: T.J.
That same Bama team got ripped by 25 or so by TAMU their last game, they are absolutely terrible and yet we have some idiots on here calling for patience with Holly! Or that we can’t get anyone better, dear Lord if that’s what our top brass thinks maybe we should close the doors and turn out the lights and as someone else said pick up gymnastics!

holly said she doesn't pay attention to social media because we're all just big bullies
that should enjoy losing 5 straight to bama and starting 1 and 4 in the sec.

Reactions: T.J.
Was watching Coach Barnes on the sidelines at the last game. He would call players over during the games. Talk to them on the sidelines. Like actually coach them. I have never seen Holly take a player to the side and talk to them. I guess you would have to know what to say if you were going to do that besides, “I don’t know” or “We played so hard.”

Tn point is a 2 guard. Tn doesn't like to play physical. Too many of same type players.!!
Holly's hand on hips is embarrassing. Too many individuals, no team. More turnovers than assists. Playground ball. Can anyone take a charge? Defend layup like Burrell at the end. A lot of attitudes out there.
Use the backboard, it's your friend. Shots out of control/balance and w no one to rebound ( unexpected).

Enough I am embarrassed, hurting for Vol Nation.

Holly.
Get in the officials face if they make a horrible call. Get A T. Show some frustration please

Reactions: Undercovervol
I think when we fire her we will have to start all over with the new coach getting his own players in here for the most part. Everything is wait and see Holly has a long leash and still has to lose a lot more but I can't see missing the NCAA as her being kept as coach. Maybe they still make it really hard to think that will happen.

She's had it real easy. some ppl would rather put it on certain players rather than hold her accountable. if it was someone not connected to the Lady Vols program/family then that person would get more backlash outside the forum.
You're right and that is precisely why she will stay.

Reactions: Sr.VolFan
In her interview as POG, Burrell was asked what two things she would like to see from this team.
1. Improve their one on one defense
2. Play with some heart!

Coming from a freshman...

Reactions: T.J. and VFL17
Yeah we're way talented basketball players, we just can't throw it in the damn ocean. I think potential is often mistaken for talent. Im not sure its really talent until its proven successful in actual games, such as say, hitting layups and stuff.

The issue, obviously, is the complete lack of ability to transform raw potential into actual talent

It's called coaching. It's the coach's job to get that potential out of every recruit. Players come in as rough rookies who were stars in high school and they want to be stars in college and beyond. It's up to their coaches to help them achieve that, to help them grow. Holly's not doing a thing for her player's, year after year. If I were a top hs player, I wouldn't look twice at Tenn under Holly. I would want to go somewhere like UConn, Baylor, ND, Stanford, etc where I know I'm gonna be pushed, challenged, and prepared for whatever's next. Seriously.

VN Store

Back