Lady Vols vs. Alabama Game Thread

Until Davis decides to come to play (0 pts) and the entire team gets in the gym and puts up shots (38%), this team is going nowhere.

Davis sitting at the end of the bench slumped over and checked out. Something isn’t right. And who’d have guessed that meme would have played herself right out of a position? She’s a shadow of her former self. It makes me sad.

Hollyfide

Reactions: SandyO
Davis sitting at the end of the bench slumped over and checked out. Something isn’t right. And who’d have guessed that meme would have played herself right out of a position? She’s a shadow of her former self. It makes me sad.

Something's missing.

Reactions: SandyO
I just don't know what to say. Warlick is just a bad coach. There have been some years the talent has masked her many inadequacies but she doesn't have the chops. A team takes on the personality of it's coach. There have been excuses for Warlick every year she has coached.

But as much as I think she is not cut out for this job, I don't want to she them lose to Alabama. Pitiful.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
I haven't watched match this year but it is obvious this team either doesn't know how or chooses not to play defense.

Shot selection is horrid, there is no offense being run that I can tell. They freelance and force stupid off balance shots instead of dishing.

This is poor coaching or management, maybe both.

Reactions: T.J.
Haven't seen too many minutes this year, but how does 11 get playing time? Doesn't rebound, can't make layups, and doesn't pretend to play defense. This is not a very good team. They are hard to watch for anyone who enjoys well played basketball. 30 odd % against Al over last 6 games....unbelievable!!!

Its pretty sad that them dropping out of the rankings is no longer a surprise. i really feel bad for these players and i agree that they deserve better. this is not their fault. ugh this is so frustrating.

Reactions: T.J.
Suck it up, buttercup. That's what Pat would tell Davis and Meme. She wouldn't put up with that head-hanging and sulking, especially from two players that are supposed to be team leaders. Holly should be all over them, getting them fired up and out there showing the FR how to be tough and overcome adversity.

VN Store

Back