How did Jalen Hurts.....

PulaskiVolFan

get his degree in 2 1/2 years? I thought it took 4-5 years for regular students to acquire their degree. Just curious to know if that's common.

get his degree in 2 1/2 years? I thought it took 4-5 years for regular students to acquire their degree. Just curious to know if that's common.
With AP credit in high school, you can enter University with credits. If you go to an elite high school, it is very possible to enter college with enough AP credits to put you at a sophomore level. Plus, if you go to school year around you can shave off a few semesters.

With AP credit in high school, you can enter University with credits. If you go to an elite high school, it is very possible to enter college with enough AP credits to put you at a sophomore level. Plus, if you go to school year around you can shave off a few semesters.
That's a bunch of work when you also have football. Probably played 2 sports in HS as well. He must be great at time management!! Seeing his character the last 2 years it's my guess that he probably worked really hard to accomplish that goal.

That's a bunch of work when you also have football. Probably played 2 sports in HS as well. He must be great at time management!! Seeing his character the last 2 years it's my guess that he probably worked really hard to accomplish that goal.

He is a public relations major. Its like when guys graduate with a communications degree. Not too much to it. And he probably didnt do that much work himself to begin with.

He is a public relations major. Its like when guys graduate with a communications degree. Not too much to it. And he probably didnt do that much work himself to begin with.
I don't doubt the ease of it all. I think coaches will start encouraging their kids to NOT graduate early though because of the new graduate transfer rules.

He has been in school for 6 semesters. Plus, pretty much every player gets several hours each summer.

I don't doubt the ease of it all. I think coaches will start encouraging their kids to NOT graduate early though because of the new graduate transfer rules.
You got that right. Saban will spearhead this movement, because he's all about "what's best for the young men." All of the coaches who adopt this message are equally manipulative. How about a big fat paycheck for each player and the option to attend classes if they want to?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I’d say good luck with that. And they’ll definitely be real subtle with that “encouragement”. Negative recruiting could include ole HC’s attempt to keep Johnny from getting his education too early cuz football. Helluva ESPN segment.

Is it me or whenever someone says " I'm taking my talents to ________", I always think about LeBron James when he announced going to Miami.

Maybe it's just me.....😎

Reactions: swamprat#10
You got that right. Saban will spearhead this movement, because he's all about "what's best for the young men." All of the coaches who adopt this message are equally manipulative. How about a big fat paycheck for each player and the option to attend classes if they want to?
Then you may as well be in the NFL, CFL or what ever. Playing college ball is about getting a degree first then being a football player second. These kids get paid enough already.

JG is graduating in May
I didn't know that but it'll be good for him. This time next year he will either be a hero after much improvement and leading the Vols to a big season or he'll show little improvement and start looking over his shoulder, specifically at HB in 2020, and put his name in the famous star trek like portal. I think he'll be pretty good and lead us to 8-10 wins next year!!

I didn't know that but it'll be good for him. This time next year he will either be a hero after much improvement and leading the Vols to a big season or he'll show little improvement and start looking over his shoulder, specifically at HB in 2020, and put his name in the famous star trek like portal. I think he'll be pretty good and lead us to 8-10 wins next year!!
I hope so

Also helps if you're intelligent and can handle that kind of load. Which he apparently is.

Reactions: QU1ZE

You can also pick up some online classes your institution can direct you to and transfer those in as well.

VN Store

Back