Travis Henry’s National Championship Ring

I don't disagree that Travis has been stupid, I just think his environment really handicapped him from early on, it doesn't excuse it, but it's tragic. On the broader subject, I'll tell you what though, we haven't seen anything yet. There are kids being raised right now, or rather not being raised that are going to be so crazy and irresponsible when they grow up I don't know what we as a society are going to do with them, the only choices are going to be to shoot them or lock them up. They never had a chance their parents were so screwed up to start with.
Been that way

Reactions: Big Al Orange
There's plenty of people that come from terrible family situations and still succeed. I'm not pointing this directly at you but it seems there is a lot of effort put into rationalizing the repeated idiotic actions of some people. Some people aren't victims.

I feel terrible for his kids.
I'm not excusing Travis's actions, he's an adult, he made them, another poster had just said it wasn't sad, and it is to me.

I personally wouldn't have it . He was a great RB in college and NFL but a thug as a father and in life. I sure wish I had the same opportunity to be signed to multi million dollar NFL contract. My arse wouldn't be freezing in Tennessee for sure.

Several of these '98 championship rings have been sold over the years on e-bay. Ron Green comes to mind... they never fetch more than about $1K. The Travis Henry story is too stupid to be sad. He just doesn't deserve much sympathy. 11 kids by 10 different women? His lawyer once estimated that he was paying as much as $170,000 a year in child support payments... he used $80,000 of his signing bonus with the Titans to purchase jewelry for himself including a Rolex and gold chains - even though he was already behind on child support at the time. And he derailed his career with a cocaine trafficking ring arrest. In 2009, he was sentenced to 3 years in prison and ordered to pay $4 million in fines when he was already broke.
I’m still trying to understand 11 kids with 10 different women...doesn’t that wake you up after a couple pop out.

He is my favorite Vol.

That being said, he was idiot for having that many kids from that many different women. However, I'm sure his thought process was whatever I'm rich. Someone didn't do the math and then he realized that he'd never be able support 100k per month child support for 18 years. Hence, the cocaine trafficking bust.

I think it is worse than it ever has been VFB. The reason I believe this is because we give these kids validity now and tell them it isn't their fault.
Every generation thinks the next generation is the worst. Nothing new.

I think the biggest problem is social media has given idiots the ability to congregate instantly and reinforce stupid ideas.

I don't disagree that Travis has been stupid, I just think his environment really handicapped him from early on, it doesn't excuse it, but it's tragic. On the broader subject, I'll tell you what though, we haven't seen anything yet. There are kids being raised right now, or rather not being raised that are going to be so crazy and irresponsible when they grow up I don't know what we as a society are going to do with them, the only choices are going to be to shoot them or lock them up. They never had a chance their parents were so screwed up to start with.
This is Get Off My Lawn Hall of Fame worthy

VN Store

Back