Tee coming home...

I think Tee will be a huge asset on the recruiting trail. In the meantime getting "on the job" training. Pruitt is putting together a stellar staff and find myself excited about the future. Keeping in check, reality for the upcoming year...yet finding myself excited about renewing season tickets. GBO!!

I honestly don’t see how this is a good fit unless we are losing or canning our WR coach. Good for recruiting but outside of that, not sure what the big deal is about this hire outside of an “alum coming home” narrative.

I guess we needed some UT folks on the staff considering the Bama blood we have in Pruitt? Lmao

Just amazing that people are super stoked about an alum who spurned us twice publicly and trashed our recruits on national signing day on national TV......

Hope the fans that were so upset with Tee leave it in the past! After all, he is a national championship winning VFL!

Go Vols!

You make it sound like folks have a huge grudge with Tee. I’m sure the Peyton Posse does.

My only issue with Tee is he spurned us twice when he was at his “hottest” candidacy for jobs. We are now hiring him after washing out at USC and his offers were pretty weak. Feels like a pity hire by us. Outside of him spurning us and trashing our recruits on national TV, I have no issue. Just an odd timing and hire.

Welcome back Coach Tee Martin
giphy.gif

Reactions: jbr82 and Crew
You make it sound like folks have a huge grudge with Tee. I’m sure the Peyton Posse does.

My only issue with Tee is he spurned us twice when he was at his “hottest” candidacy for jobs. We are now hiring him after washing out at USC and his offers were pretty weak. Feels like a pity hire by us. Outside of him spurning us and trashing our recruits on national TV, I have no issue. Just an odd timing and hire.
He may have been smart not wanting to work with Butch Jones

I honestly don’t see how this is a good fit unless we are losing or canning our WR coach. Good for recruiting but outside of that, not sure what the big deal is about this hire outside of an “alum coming home” narrative.

I guess we needed some UT folks on the staff considering the Bama blood we have in Pruitt? Lmao

Just amazing that people are super stoked about an alum who spurned us twice publicly and trashed our recruits on national signing day on national TV......

See, Tee? This is why I hoped you never returned to the UT. On account of so-called Vols fans like this guy. You really should have stayed away cause they are just vipers hiding under rocks waiting for you to step close enough to be venomized.

See, Tee? This is why I hoped you never returned to the UT. On account of so-called Vols fans like this guy. You really should have stayed away cause they are just vipers hiding under rocks waiting for you to step close enough to be venomized.

I’m a “so called fan” yet you have zero response to my post besides name calling.

You sound just like the guy who was Full Butch because saying anything that may be interpreted as one ounce of criticism is “detrimental to the program.”

Fun fact: you can be a Vol fan yet not agree with the Head Coach 100% of the time.

He may have been smart not wanting to work with Butch Jones

A simple no would have been sufficient. But the fact he was wearing USC gear while flying in for his interview and then trashing Hurd on national TV for signing with us are another thing. I think Tennessee looked like the best offer for him now because his options were that weak.

Apparently Jones was nudged to offer Tee and as a result, made a borderline insulting offer.
I'm open minded to knowing details before passing judgement on someone that chose UT and stayed his entire college career, most as a backup.

Apparently Jones was nudged to offer Tee and as a result, made a borderline insulting offer.
I'm open minded to knowing details before passing judgement on someone that chose UT and stayed his entire college career, most as a backup.

That’s fair. But showing up is USC gear and trashing Hurd for signing with Tennessee on National TV is pretty weak and petty. Both of those are more public than whatever the offer was by Butch

That’s fair. But showing up is USC gear and trashing Hurd for signing with Tennessee on National TV is pretty weak and petty. Both of those are more public than whatever the offer was by Butch
Was mad about the Hurd comments until his mom kept trashing Kamara. Her narrative had to be influenced and I'm guessing I can figure out who.
Doesn't make public comments right but softened my take on Tee.

Was mad about the Hurd comments until his mom kept trashing Kamara. Her narrative had to be influenced and I'm guessing I can figure out who.
Doesn't make public comments right but softened my take on Tee.
Hurd’s mom has zero to do with Tee’s comments trashing a Tennessee recruit. That’s my opinion.

VN Store

Back