Lady Vols aren't popular anymore...

I couldnt believe when i heard the announcer say the 8000 Lady Vols fans in attendance. Was that accurate? If so that is the sign right there that things are going down hill faster than Phil after a donut.[/

How original. What a stupid statement. Is that the best you could come up with

Reactions: ruvol
The storied program of championship performance left the train station ten years ago.
I was wondering about Holly's staff and their effect on players' development. Is Dean the post coach or is he responsible for only scouting/preparing for the opposition? I ask because Mercedes did not develop into the dominant player that she could have been. I'm still waiting on a hook shot from her that is executed eight and a half feet off the floor, not a push from her shoulder. Mercedes had foot problems that stifled her growth. But a hook shot doesn't require a lot of footwork and lift.
I'm sorry, but I can only question Holly's game day coaching deficiencies. Player development is the whole staff's responsibility.

Original? You mean like your lame arse reply.

Original? You mean like your lame arse reply.
I guess your dumbarse could win 151 games and a NC. Who do you think you are Jr. The best football coach at the university of Tennessee in your pitiful little lifetime, and because he has done more with his life than you EVER will, you make a stupid comment about a damn donut. You should be ashamed to even act like a Volunteer fan. Scram

Reactions: ruvol
I guess your dumbarse could win 151 games and a NC. Who do you think you are Jr. The best football coach at the university of Tennessee in your pitiful little lifetime, and because he has done more with his life than you EVER will, you make a stupid comment about a damn donut. You should be ashamed to even act like a Volunteer fan. Scram
Get over yourself

The thousands of empty seats, entire empty rows of lower level seats, and entire upper deck empty every home game says alot

Lol. Women’s basketball has never nor will it ever fill the stands. You can go to a local high school boys game and see better basketball being played on a nightly basis.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
This will likely be an unpopular opinion and is heavily influenced by personal bias, but my dream would be for Kellie Harper to show a major leap in improvement with Mizzou State by moving ahead of Drake to consistently be the top program in the Valley and by producing some signature wins. Also by demonstrating the ability to innovate in such a way as to attract national attention.

Harper's teams have beaten a few SEC teams in the past, I believe, and this year only lost to Missouri by 4 and Gonzaga by 3. I know moral victories don't count and comparing wins/losses to our current situation is a low bar, but Kellie has a very young team this year (only one junior and one senior according to a post on their board) and has played a very tough non-conf. schedule.

I've heard the knocks against her in the past (couldn't win in ACC, mediocre recruiting, predictable style not dissimilar to UT), and she's not on the big name wish list by any stretch. Bringing her on board at this point would be a huge gamble, although her hc experience, upbeat demeanor, good communication style, etc. are IMO vastly superior to Holly's. And a lot of people want to go outside the Summitt coaching tree and UT past to move into the future.

Just dreaming. I'd like nothing better than to see Holly retire with some dignity intact knowing that she hadn't left the cupboard bare of talent and for Kellie to come home and be highly successful. She, Jon, and staff have improved recruiting, although the LB fans are themselves looking for them to move up in the mid-major rankings the way Drake has done.

If it's a pipe dream to imagine all those things listed above happening, so is looking for the biggest-name coaches to jump ship at their schools without a big salary increase far from what Holly is being paid. Again, not saying that Kellie should be the hire right now, just hoping that her cred and standing would improve sufficiently by the time Holly leaves that Kellie's hiring would seem desirable.

This will likely be an unpopular opinion and is heavily influenced by personal bias, but my dream would be for Kellie Harper to show a major leap in improvement with Mizzou State by moving ahead of Drake to consistently be the top program in the Valley and by producing some signature wins. Also by demonstrating the ability to innovate in such a way as to attract national attention.

Harper's teams have beaten a few SEC teams in the past, I believe, and this year only lost to Missouri by 4 and Gonzaga by 3. I know moral victories don't count and comparing wins/losses to our current situation is a low bar, but Kellie has a very young team this year (only one junior and one senior according to a post on their board) and has played a very tough non-conf. schedule.

I've heard the knocks against her in the past (couldn't win in ACC, mediocre recruiting, predictable style not dissimilar to UT), and she's not on the big name wish list by any stretch. Bringing her on board at this point would be a huge gamble, although her hc experience, upbeat demeanor, good communication style, etc. are IMO vastly superior to Holly's. And a lot of people want to go outside the Summitt coaching tree and UT past to move into the future.

Just dreaming. I'd like nothing better than to see Holly retire with some dignity intact knowing that she hadn't left the cupboard bare of talent and for Kellie to come home and be highly successful. She, Jon, and staff have improved recruiting, although the LB fans are themselves looking for them to move up in the mid-major rankings the way Drake has done.

If it's a pipe dream to imagine all those things listed above happening, so is looking for the biggest-name coaches to jump ship at their schools without a big salary increase far from what Holly is being paid. Again, not saying that Kellie should be the hire right now, just hoping that her cred and standing would improve sufficiently by the time Holly leaves that Kellie's hiring would seem desirable.

Kellie-Jolly-and-Pat-Summit-800x507.jpg

Reactions: mcannon1
Always easy to spot a new fan who wasn't around during this Pat's prime...
I was around for the 90s when they were a pereinal title contender, women’s basketball still rarely sold out Thompson arena.

Reactions: sisaq
Watch what happens to UConn when Gino retires. Same thing.
Can't capture lightning in a bottle...and Pat was lightning.

I was around for the 90s when they were a pereinal title contender, women’s basketball still rarely sold out Thompson arena.

Well no kidding. The women (and men) rarely sold out because they play in a ridiculously over-sized arena. That doesn't mean there weren't a lot fewer empty seats back then...

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Well no kidding. The women (and men) rarely sold out because they play in a ridiculously over-sized arena. That doesn't mean there weren't a lot fewer empty seats back then...
When the men’s team is winning they sell out Thompson Bowling arena, because men’s basketball is a better product. As I said before you can go to a boys high school game and watch better basketball than what any college women’s team plays.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
If this situation was happening at Uconn, a ton of these people backing Holly would be on the floor laughing at how blind their Administration must be keeping her at HC.

Reactions: T.J. and BreatheUT
When the men’s team is winning they sell out Thompson Bowling arena, because men’s basketball is a better product. As I said before you can go to a boys high school game and watch better basketball than what any college women’s team plays.

The Lady Vols used to consistently get around 15,000 people in SEC play. More for marquee games in conference and out. That's the point. Which you're clearly too dense to grasp.

And if WBB sucks so bad, why the hell are you on this board? :rolleyes:

I don't have TV and no longer live in Knoxville. What is the age demographic coming to Lady Vol games these days?

I remember 10 years ago looking around and thinking, "Uh-oh. Lots of pre-teen girls and older, overweight adults. The young ones are about to discover boys, and the older folks aren't going to be able to make it to games too many more years."

I'm also now one of those who wonders if women's basketball became a less entertaining product, or if all along I was really just a fan of Pat Summitt?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Watch what happens to UConn when Gino retires. Same thing.
Can't capture lightning in a bottle...and Pat was lightning.

Sort of like you can't follow a Bear Bryant with a Saban?

Granted, there were a lot of so-so coaches in-between. But even though it's difficult to replicate the success of legends, it can be done given the right combination of coaching expertise, athletic talent, administrative support, and fan base loyalty.

This is a friggin disaster. A slap in the face of Pat Summitts legacy. Holly needs to be fired IMMEDIATELY! Recruiting will be fine. Maybe better. You give Holly UConns undefeated champions from a couple years ago and Harley would lose 10 games and not make it out of the round of 32. She is a complete and utter embarrassment to the once proud program. She has destroyed the program.

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back