The official thread where everyone tries to catch up to Joe, and Windy keeps track of who posts on the even K's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional evidence that the only purpose for my ears is to hold up my glasses:

When Queen sang, “You got mud on your face, big disgrace”, all I heard was “big disc brakes.”

Yes, I knew they weren’t singing that, but it’s all I could come up with.

I also brooded a lot over Red Hot Chili Peppers’s “Whispers of shame in this lonely room” (“With birds I’ll share this lonely view”).

All I can say is that Googling lyrics has saved what is left of my sanity.

Additional evidence that the only purpose for my ears is to hold up my glasses:

When Queen sang, “You got mud on your face, big disgrace”, all I heard was “big disc brakes.”

Yes, I knew they weren’t singing that, but it’s all I could come up with.

I also brooded a lot over Red Hot Chili Peppers’s “Whispers of shame in this lonely room” (“With birds I’ll share this lonely view”).

All I can say is that Googling lyrics has saved what is left of my sanity.
Big disc brakes laugh1.gif

Reactions: VolNExile
Where You headed?
Back home to Asheville from Memphis.

On top of all the tragedy in my husband’s family, my mother in Memphis called me Wednesday to say, “Maybe I should start taking my medicine again, since I feel so bad.” She has no idea when she stopped taking them.

So her memory was already damaged from high blood pressure, and she stopped taking her BP meds, and she is prone to blood clots (from atrial fibrillation), and she ran out of her Pradaxa (anticoagulant), no idea how long ago. (Her doc failed to renew her mail-out prescriptions.) When I got here, her BP was 155/112, which for her is verging on stroke.

Got that all untangled and reversed (I hope), and heading back to deal with the younger generations in Eastern time.

—I truly am sorry to dump on my Zoner friends with all this medical crap. I’m focusing on supporting Hubs through all his family heartbreak, and this relatively minor stuff is leaking out my ears, I guess.

Yep, just came on to ask you guys to pray for her. I've got the kids in the car for now. She said to wait and see cause if it is the flu she doesn't want them in there. If it's infection they'll likely ship her to Atlanta
maybe get the kids a flu shot - its not to late - took me awhile to convince my daughter to get one but she finally did - praying for you all

Back home to Asheville from Memphis.

On top of all the tragedy in my husband’s family, my mother in Memphis called me Wednesday to say, “Maybe I should start taking my medicine again, since I feel so bad.” She has no idea when she stopped taking them.

So her memory was already damaged from high blood pressure, and she stopped taking her BP meds, and she is prone to blood clots (from atrial fibrillation), and she ran out of her Pradaxa (anticoagulant), no idea how long ago. (Her doc failed to renew her mail-out prescriptions.) When I got here, her BP was 155/112, which for her is verging on stroke.

Got that all untangled and reversed (I hope), and heading back to deal with the younger generations in Eastern time.

—I truly am sorry to dump on my Zoner friends with all this medical crap. I’m focusing on supporting Hubs through all his family heartbreak, and this relatively minor stuff is leaking out my ears, I guess.
Still praying for you guys

Lungs were clear on the X-ray, but white blood cells are up a little, he said that shouldn't cause a fever that high. CT scan did show swelling in her left kidney. He talked to the Dr in Atlanta, and they're giving her a different antibiotic to take, and we already have to go to Atlanta Monday. If nothing gets worse, they said she'll be okay until she can see the Dr Monday. He doesn't think it's the flu. However, they didn't even test her for it. This is the same hospital though that had a Dr get almost fighting mad at me once. I came to the er with What I was positive was a kidney stone, but he wouldn't have it because I was nauseous and had a slight fever. He argued me it was impossible, and swore it was my appendix. After his test for that came back negative, he sent me home where I passed the stone 😆. It may not be the flu, but heck, at least check. It's not like it isn't flu season, goober. I think soon as they found out about the surgery, they just automatically think it's related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back