Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned earlier we are favored by two tonight.....I don’t get it. I say Grant and Admiral come back and we win going away. Is the line still 2??

Back at ya, buddy. Enjoyed meeting you at the Bristol Motor Speedway game. My have thing changed, in a relatively short period of time. We all thought we were almost back to greatness. Didn't I meet @Sugaray13 at that game?
Please don’t associate me with OGbabyaviVol. We try not and let him out very often. Lol

I like that "best of one" tagline NBC is rollin out.
Hey Newt...Have you ever been trout fishing in the Northern Rockies? I was looking at our pics from last years trip to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and thought of you. The cabin we stayed in outside Yellowstone was on Henry's Lake Idaho..just a beautiful spot and awesome trout lake.

Good points, but I would add that having a roster completely full of clueless, out of shape guys, and a couple of soft, lazy and unmotivated guys is too much to ask of any position coach to fix in a season..no matter how good that coach is.
I agree with that 100%. Asking someone to fix the OL in 1 season is unreasonable. There was just too much going against them.

But I’ve seen some OL units with just as little depth and talent at least scrap together 5 guys who can put a body on a body consistently, even if they were getting whipped or couldn’t maintain blocks. Being disappointed that our $800,000 OL coach couldn’t at least get 5 guys to blow assignments less frequently isn’t unreasonable either.

But it’s a moot point now. IMO some level of offensive staff dysfunction was pretty clear for most of 2018. We’ll have a much better OC and a (modestly) better situation on the OL for Friend to work with in 2019. His track record shows that improvement up front should be a safe bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back