Recruiting numbers, (hard 25)

There is supposedly a hard cap of 25 scollies per year as long as you stay under the 85. Ala, Mich, Clemson have 27-28 commits and I still here the talking heads say so and so is signing with one of them. How is that possible if they signed full classes last year?
You always have guys that get kicked off the team, quit, scholarship transfers from athletic to medical, along with your normal graduation and transfers because they are getting to play.

There is supposedly a hard cap of 25 scollies per year as long as you stay under the 85. Ala, Mich, Clemson have 27-28 commits and I still here the talking heads say so and so is signing with one of them. How is that possible if they signed full classes last year?

Please say scholarships. Its not that hard.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
With that many schollies we surely can win a Natty.
tenor.gif

Pretty sure after this year you can’t do what that guy is saying because of the new rules. The reason certain schools could this year is because they were grandfathered correct?
Actually a team could sign 15 this year and 35 next year. What they can't do is sign 15 this year 25 next year and then sign 35 the following year. You can't go back 2 years to back count so in the last example the team would only be allowed to sign 25 in the 3rd year.

Actually a team could sign 15 this year and 35 next year. What they can't do is sign 15 this year 25 next year and then sign 35 the following year. You can't go back 2 years to back count so in the last example the team would only be allowed to sign 25 in the 3rd year.
Gotcha. I thought they were removing back counting completely? I thought you were only grandfathered in until the end of this recruiting cycle?

There is a 3 year running average. You have to stay at 85 total or under and you have to average out 25 per year on a running three year count. Example: if you sign 22 this year you can sign 28 next year but you can't sign 22 this year 25 next year and 28 the following year to average out 25. By the 3rd year it has to equal out. The reality is it is a 2 year and a 3rd year to make it up if you are short in the 2nd year. So if this year you sign 18 and next year you sign 30 you can't sign 27 the 3rd year. You are back to 25.
Well, I just thought I was confused before.

Reactions: 1TheCoach1
Gotcha. I thought they were removing back counting completely? I thought you were only grandfathered in until the end of this recruiting cycle?
If a kid were to enroll now (I.e. after the first academic term), he could count against the current academic year (18-19) if there were spots available or he could count against the next academic year (19-20). That's about the only way to "backcount" any more.

VN Store

Back