Movies you've seen recently II

Annihilation 8/10 Been wanting to see this for a while, just became available on Amazon Prime. What a mind blowing film. High brow sci-fi horror I guess you would call it. Still don't know everything that happened but it made me think about it a lot after. Beautiful effects too.

Reactions: BadJerry20
The Grinch (2018)
10/10
A great movie that is faithful to the book, the comedy is not dirty or unfunny, is it's own animal since adds characters and scenes not in the book including why exactly The Grinch hates Christmas, shows more of his relationship with his dog Max, etc.
From start to finish a entertaining great Christmas movie with likable main characters , and resolutions for issues.

Halloween (2018)
9/10
A direct sequel to the terrific John Carpenter movie Halloween which for some illogical reason decides to use the exact same title instead of a logical title which could be Halloween 40 Years Later, Halloween H40, Halloween 2018, etc.
The movie does talk about events and characters from the 1st movie including Doctor Loomis and is showing the aftermath 40 years later.
A great horror movie from start to the ending with likable good characters, creative deaths by Michael Myers and done justice as mostly a force of nature , Laurie is a badass female James Cameron style character,music that fits the scenes and reuse of the Halloween theme and Michael Myers is shown, great action and great drama, and a great exciting climax that has suspense and action.
This horror movie avoids a awful cliche common in Horror movies.

Horror movies have the Villain return for a jump scare ending even after it was obvious the Villain lost which is nonsensical and dumb. This movie has a conclusive ending where it' obvious Michael Myers died and the survivors survived which is best because this is the last time John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis would be involved in a Halloween movie.

Pride Prejudice and Mistletoe
10/10
A straight forward christmas romance drama movie about a woman Darcy that returns home Penbrooke, and discoveries the 2 things she is missing in her life.
From start to the end a entertaining great movie.
Luke and Darcy have great chemistry also both are likable characters that find out why they misunderstood the other in High School, great climax, resolutions , most characters are likable the only unlikable characters intentionally created to be unlikable for valid reasons, great messages, and a believable outcome for the romance.

A Royal Christmas
10/10
A Kindhearted likable seamstress Emily Taylor that lives in Philadelphia finds out her boyfriend Leo is a Prince of the Country Cordinia.
She finds out more about Leo and his family also romance past spending the Christmas season in Cordinia meeting the mother Isadora a Queen, and it's obvious the mother doesn't want her son with a commoner and she does say why.
Leo and Emily are both shown to be likable characters in the movie along with others including Victor the head butler that educates her in royal etiquette along with certain dances.
This is a Mix of Cinderella and the Princes Diaries, character development, great climax, a movie that has a DVD Cover that matches what the movie is about , and a terrific ending.

Annihilation 8/10 Been wanting to see this for a while, just became available on Amazon Prime. What a mind blowing film. High brow sci-fi horror I guess you would call it. Still don't know everything that happened but it made me think about it a lot after. Beautiful effects too.

I watched it today. Very good movie

Reactions: bignewt
Moon 7/10 a very simple 2009 film starring my favorite actor Sam Rockwell finally got a chance to watch it. Very clever and he kills. Kevin Spacey as the computer is a bit weird but I enjoyed the story and the effects felt very practical and real.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Halloween (2018)
9/10
A direct sequel to the terrific John Carpenter movie Halloween which for some illogical reason decides to use the exact same title instead of a logical title which could be Halloween 40 Years Later, Halloween H40, Halloween 2018, etc.
The movie does talk about events and characters from the 1st movie including Doctor Loomis and is showing the aftermath 40 years later.
A great horror movie from start to the ending with likable good characters, creative deaths by Michael Myers and done justice as mostly a force of nature , Laurie is a badass female James Cameron style character,music that fits the scenes and reuse of the Halloween theme and Michael Myers is shown, great action and great drama, and a great exciting climax that has suspense and action.
This horror movie avoids a awful cliche common in Horror movies.

Horror movies have the Villain return for a jump scare ending even after it was obvious the Villain lost which is nonsensical and dumb. This movie has a conclusive ending where it' obvious Michael Myers died and the survivors survived which is best because this is the last time John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis would be involved in a Halloween movie.

I think you need to re-watch the film. Your spoiler is wrong.

Roma 8/10 wow, the cinematography is stunning. Probably one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen. It really puts you in the time and place of 1970s Mexico. That being said, it really is a simple story told in a big way. The cast, especially the lead, gave a real performance. It just felt like Cuaron turned the camera on and walked away. I could see this thing winning Oscars.

What an odd direction to go.

He was razzing Newt for being overly protective of Netflix and I hit butchna on what he's overly protective about.

tenor.gif

Reactions: bignewt

VN Store

Back