East Tennessee Weather II

Depends on how things work out. Big pattern change looming.
What days are you looking at because I’m not seeing weather cold enough except for Sunday. Being 6 days out that can change but as of now it looks like a rain event. I’m thinking we are looking at two different events

For me, I was talking into the next work week. Work wants us to do some prep for some really cold temps coming in next week.

Seen this on the weather forum. Sierra Nevada above 7,000ft forecast.

This Afternoon
Snow showers. High near 26. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind around 75 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow. Low around 19. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 95 to 105 mph, with gusts as high as 145 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 31 to 37 inches possible.

Thursday
Snow. High near 26. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 80 to 85 mph, with gusts as high as 130 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

Reactions: BallinVol
VK, do you see any chances in the next week that we could see some snow? WBIR showed some snow possible for Wed/Thurs.

I'm keeping my eye on the rest of January, including the possible mid week system upcoming. Can't get into any specifics with snowfall amounts yet. There's an artic blast headed our way.

Is there a more unlucky region in the United States than the East TN Valley at seeing snow? When it’s cold, we don’t have moisture and when we do have moisture, it’s too warm to snow...

VN Store

Back