'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

Vol....WVU has a much better chance at trying to convince Nester. But I understand their new coach at least trying with the instate NFL tackle

Some have speculated he's already signed. Can he be hosted on and official visit if he's already signed?
The Georgia receiver, who picked Oklahoma at the AA game, had already signed with them during the early signing period but I can't remember if he visited anyone after that. If someone could research his visits, that might shed some light on this question.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
The Georgia receiver, who picked Oklahoma at the AA game, had already signed with them during the early signing period but I can't remember if he visited anyone after that. If someone could research his visits, that might shed some light on this question.
If a recruit signs a LOI with a school. It's an NCAA violation for other schools to even contact him much less host him on an official visit.

Reactions: volsagain
If a recruit signs a LOI with a school. It's an NCAA violation for other schools to even contact him much less host him on an official visit.
What would even be the point of hosting a signed kid at that point? It really just makes no sense, for the kid or the school. The LOI locks him in.

Reactions: T Dog
What would even be the point of hosting a signed kid at that point? It really just makes no sense, for the kid or the school. The LOI locks him in.
For the kid it gives them a free trip and a chance to bond with future teammates. For the school it helps foster team chemistry and loyalty and allows the player to help peer recruit other visitors with pretty much no downside.

For the kid it gives them a free trip and a chance to bond with future teammates. For the school it helps foster team chemistry and loyalty and allows the player to help peer recruit other visitors with pretty much no downside.
For a kid (we'll use Haselwood as an example) that signed with Oklahoma to visit Tennessee????

I'm feeling like you missed my point in my last post.

For a kid (we'll use Haselwood as an example) that signed with Oklahoma to visit Tennessee????

I'm feeling like you missed my point in my last post.
Well they're not allowed to so I didn't think that's what you were saying. Haha

If Wright doesn't know this is the place for him to develop and play by this point and with the addition CJC - we all need to just move on. It appears he does and is just enjoying some free visits.

Well they're not allowed to so I didn't think that's what you were saying. Haha
Correct, they aren't allowed to. My point...which was directed at those asking whether it was legal to take OVs after signing in the early period...was even in the event that one party wanted to continue on with an illegal OV, what would be the point, for either the kid or the school? The Letter Of Intent locks a kid into the school he signs with, and is binding.

Correct, they aren't allowed to. My point...which was directed at those asking whether it was legal to take OVs after signing in the early period...was even in the event that one party wanted to continue on with an illegal OV, what would be the point, for either the kid or the school? The Letter Of Intent locks a kid into the school he signs with, and is binding.
Yeah my bad. Misunderstood

Reactions: cncchris33
I thought he could not OV to another school, but nothing would prevent him from going on his own, but I may be wrong
I think that's true. Probably should've worded that better. And so far I don't think he has any other ovs scheduled. Only that he may visit WV which would be unofficial since he already ov'd there.

VN Store

Back