Eddie Gran to UGA? Nope!

Football scoop says he is giving serious consideration to staying at UK, but not final.

Football scoop says he is giving serious consideration to staying at UK, but not final.
The money they offered would be hard to turn down but they're going from Chaney who had UGA top 10 in offense on a consistent basis to Gran who couldn't do better than 60th at UK.

Georgia not having a very good month:

(1) Upset in Sugar Bowl by Texas,
(2) Lost by nearly 50 points to UT in basketball,
(3) Lost their OC to UT, and
(4) Might not even be able to hire away Kentucky's OC

I realize their football program is well ahead of ours at the present time, but can't be happy about this month if I were a UGA fan. If Gran turns them down, that might be a bit of a red flag.

Kentucky is losing a lot of key players on offense; very likely taking a step backwards this year. Georgia has much better talent and would seem to be a much better job on the face of it. If Gran would rather stay at Kentucky with a big talent dropoff than coach a team loaded with 4- and 5-star talent, what does that say about Georgia under Kirby Smart?

Last edited:
Georgia not having a very good month:

(1) Upset in Sugar Bowl by Texas,
(2) Lost by nearly 50 points to UT in basketball,
(3) Lost their OC to UT, and
(4) Might not even be able to hire away Kentucky's mediocre OC

I realize their football program is well ahead of ours at the present time, but can't be happy about this month if I were a UGA fan.

UGA missed their window last year when they lost the championship game. That was their shot now I believe we will see this thing go into a tailspin and Smart will be fired within 2 years

Reactions: Remy and mtowntim
The money they offered would be hard to turn down but they're going from Chaney who had UGA top 10 in offense on a consistent basis to Gran who couldn't do better than 60th at UK.

Gran would have much better players at UGa. I think his numbers would be better.

UGA missed their window last year when they lost the championship game. That was their shot now I believe we will see this thing go into a tailspin and Smart will be fired within 2 years
Have you seen their roster? I’m guessing not.

Wow.

How do you turn down a roster full of blue chip talent, with a pay raise, better assistants, and much easier recruiting to stay on at Kentucky as OC in a year with a huge talent drop-off?! And what does that say about Kirby Smart?
No kidding!

Sometimes, it's not about those things.

Wow.

How do you turn down a roster full of blue chip talent, with a pay raise, better assistants, and much easier recruiting to stay on at Kentucky as OC in a year with a huge talent drop-off?! And what does that say about Kirby Smart?

Smart move. UK just had their best season ever. If their success continues, even at a slightly lesser rate, his stock will keep rising.

Wow.

Very bad look

Every OC in the world looks dumb when their team isn't scoring.

I've been a big critic of Gran, but he called a masterful 3rd quarter against Penn State. Flawless.

I haven't paid any attention to him at Kentucky. Was thinking back about his time in Knoxville.

But, extremely happy that he called a good 3rd quarter and that the Kats beat James Franklin.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back