Kiffin says Chaney is a grand slam hire

Oh good, I was worried over what he would think.

You know, as much as he lives rent free in many Vols fans heads, it looks like we live in his. Always seems to be concerned over what we are doing...

Last edited:
Reactions: hmhawk
Same here. I wish he would have stayed.

I'm not so sure that it would have worked out but he left for his dream job. In fact, I think he regrets his decision because I think the guy really liked being at TN. He made a bad decision which cost him and UT a lot but the continued failure at UT can't be put on him. A lot of our fans blame him but bad hires after him is why we are where we are. I wish him progress in his career. He pokes fun at times but it appears to be good natured. He has matured a lot imo. Remember, this guy has lost his family also. Can't be easy. I believe TN will back if we can keep the current staff together and get a couple of really good recruiting cycles behind us.

I think he’s getting softer as he ages. I’ve seen mean young people become very understanding/forgiving people as they age. I’m definitely not saying Kiffin is there but I think he regrets his decisions and trying to say sorry in his own way. Jmo

I agree with you. There certainly are a lot of mean and unforgiving people on message boards.

I don't want Lane Kiffin back for one reason. When he was here he put up USC posters (I think I remember reading that somewhere), and said that UT would be the USC of the east.

He treated UT like a second tier program. That's all I need to know.

here ya go WD....suffer

layla-kiffin_88154.jpeg

I'm not so sure that it would have worked out but he left for his dream job. In fact, I think he regrets his decision because I think the guy really liked being at TN. He made a bad decision which cost him and UT a lot but the continued failure at UT can't be put on him. A lot of our fans blame him but bad hires after him is why we are where we are. I wish him progress in his career. He pokes fun at times but it appears to be good natured. He has matured a lot imo. Remember, this guy has lost his family also. Can't be easy. I believe TN will back if we can keep the current staff together and get a couple of really good recruiting cycles behind us.
I remember being with a friend of mine drinking beer at a Tilted Kilt a few days after Kiffin was hired. I told him we’d be national champs in 3-4 years. I still think we would have if he’d have stayed. Of course JMO.

VN Store

Back