$25 Gift Card Winner

Tombo7

On December 11th, 2018, I posted the following:

Let's have a little holiday fun. I will send a $25 Wal Mart gift card to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the new OC and the day he is first announced as OC on VN. I can only send one card, so I will determine who guesses first, unless Freak wants to decide. Your guess must be posted in this thread. Merry Christmas from The Rifleman.

Since so many sources leaked on this site on January 8th that Jim Chaney has been hired as Tennessee's Offensive Coordinator, I am ending the contest on that date. There were 243 guesses. Many of them are listed below as they came in.

Kitchens, Yurcich, Probst, Briles, Friend, Manning, Chaney, Santa, Quarles, Enos, Lebby, Billy Napier, Cooter, Tee, Dooley, Chow, Brent Davis, Tony Elliot, Randy Sanders, Google Coach, Cutcliffe, Sark, Travis Trickett, Fulmer, Osovet, Butch Jones o_O, Lebby and Friend as Co-OCs, “the players will call the play in the huddle”, Kiffin, Gruden, Moody Vol, Darrell Dickey, Friend and Weinke as Co-OCs, Neal Brown, Dabo, Paul Johnson, Terry Robiskie, “Wut”, Bryan McClendon, Freeze, Fedora, Lane "Butch" Dooley, Chip Long, Joe Lee Dunn, John Grass, Dooley (Derek or Vince), Fred Pancoast, D4H, Rod Wilks, Streeter, Dobbs, John DeFilippo, Nussmeier, Debord, “Coastypop”, Brent Key, Jeremy Pruitt, Elliott or Scott from Clemson, Coach Overrated, Bodie Reeder, Canada, Bill Haslam.

On January 6, at 4:42 pm Evol said Jim Chaney would be announced as Offensive Coordinator on 1-8-19

As soon as the announcement is made official by the university, Evol will be the winner. I had a lot of fun with this and it was fun to see everyone's guesses. Thanks for playing and thanks to those who spoke up when Fossillfiction said I was running an unwinnable contest. Maybe we can do this again next year, but not with a head coach.

Tombo

Last edited:
What a stupid contest! Tombo, what were you thinking?

I still can't believe that poster had an issue with you putting up your own cash to have a contest.
Me either. Noticed he hasn't been around lately.

I put Chaney down the day you started that dang thread and I was only a week off. I think I deserve to win personally. This guy comes in and makes a comment a few days ago and wins? This is a sham!

I put Chaney down the day you started that dang thread and I was only a week off. I think I deserve to win personally. This guy comes in and makes a comment a few days ago and wins? This is a sham!

orrrrrr, you could have guessed more than once. Several did.

Evol, I have your gift card. Now, how do I get it to you? Don't know how to reach VN members off-site. Also, I live in Chattanooga. Could give it to you in person if you wish. Let me know how you want to handle this. Tombo

I'm sure Freak can help you with this.

Reactions: Tombo7
On December 11th, 2018, I posted the following:

Let's have a little holiday fun. I will send a $25 Wal Mart gift card to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the new OC and the day he is first announced as OC on VN. I can only send one card, so I will determine who guesses first, unless Freak wants to decide. Your guess must be posted in this thread. Merry Christmas from The Rifleman.

Since so many sources leaked on this site on January 8th that Jim Chaney has been hired as Tennessee's Offensive Coordinator, I am ending the contest on that date. There were 243 guesses. Many of them are listed below as they came in.

Kitchens, Yurcich, Probst, Briles, Friend, Manning, Chaney, Santa, Quarles, Enos, Lebby, Billy Napier, Cooter, Tee, Dooley, Chow, Brent Davis, Tony Elliot, Randy Sanders, Google Coach, Cutcliffe, Sark, Travis Trickett, Fulmer, Osovet, Butch Jones o_O, Lebby and Friend as Co-OCs, “the players will call the play in the huddle”, Kiffin, Gruden, Moody Vol, Darrell Dickey, Friend and Weinke as Co-OCs, Neal Brown, Dabo, Paul Johnson, Terry Robiskie, “Wut”, Bryan McClendon, Freeze, Fedora, Lane "Butch" Dooley, Chip Long, Joe Lee Dunn, John Grass, Dooley (Derek or Vince), Fred Pancoast, D4H, Rod Wilks, Streeter, Dobbs, John DeFilippo, Nussmeier, Debord, “Coastypop”, Brent Key, Jeremy Pruitt, Elliott or Scott from Clemson, Coach Overrated, Bodie Reeder, Canada, Bill Haslam.

On January 6, at 4:42 pm Evol said Jim Chaney would be announced as Offensive Coordinator on 1-8-19

As soon as the announcement is made official by the university, Evol will be the winner. I had a lot of fun with this and it was fun to see everyone's guesses. Thanks for playing and thanks to those who spoke up when Fossillfiction said I was running an unwinnable contest. Maybe we can do this again next year, but not with a head coach.

Tombo
It was announced today not yesterday just fyi

Evol, I have your gift card. Now, how do I get it to you? Don't know how to reach VN members off-site. Also, I live in Chattanooga. Could give it to you in person if you wish. Let me know how you want to handle this. Tombo
Chattanooga is nice I love it here

It was announced today not yesterday just fyi

Under thread title: Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources at 9:39 pm last night, January 8th, poster DEFENDTHISHOUSE posted the following tweet from Chris Low of ESPN:
Jim Chaney is returning to @Vol_Football as offensive coordinator, ESPN confirms. GoVols247 first reported. Chaney is expected to be formally announced Wednesday. Vols ponying up a lot of money to get Chaney, who just finished his third season as @FootballUGA's OC.
9:01 PM - Jan 8, 2019 · Connecticut, USA
Contest rules are below.
"I will send a $25 Wal Mart gift card to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the new OC and the day he is first announced as OC on VN. I can only send one card, so I will determine who guesses first, unless Freak wants to decide. Your guess must be posted in this thread."​

So ESPN confirmed it; GoVols247 confirmed it; it appeared on Vol Nation on January 8th, just so ya know. Damn people!

Under thread title: Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources at 9:39 pm last night, January 8th, poster DEFENDTHISHOUSE posted the following tweet from Chris Low of ESPN:
Jim Chaney is returning to @Vol_Football as offensive coordinator, ESPN confirms. GoVols247 first reported. Chaney is expected to be formally announced Wednesday. Vols ponying up a lot of money to get Chaney, who just finished his third season as @FootballUGA's OC.
Contest rules are below.
"I will send a $25 Wal Mart gift card to the first person who correctly guesses the name of the new OC and the day he is first announced as OC on VN. I can only send one card, so I will determine who guesses first, unless Freak wants to decide. Your guess must be posted in this thread."​

So ESPN confirmed it; GoVols247 confirmed it; it appeared on Vol Nation on January 8th, just so ya know. Damn people!

That's just like anyone else saying hey my brother sister daddy said he was coming back... CJP made the announcement today not yesterday or the day before so until then just like several news reporters who said oh this person is gonna be hired or CJP has a 95% deal done, or this is the guy that's gonna be your new head coach etc... It's all speculation CJP announced it today. Idk how much clearer I can be.

That's just like anyone else saying hey my brother sister daddy said he was coming back... CJP made the announcement today not yesterday or the day before so until then just like several news reporters who said oh this person is gonna be hired or CJP has a 95% deal done, or this is the guy that's gonna be your new head coach etc... It's all speculation CJP announced it today. Idk how much clearer I can be.

Well, I see you are new here, sooooo, it's not at all like my brother sister daddy oh this person gonna some crap or that. I did not say anything about when CJP announced it or when UT announced it. I said "the name of the new OC and the day he is first announced as OC on VN". This was announced, and confirmed, last night, on VN. Of all the comments on this subject, you are the only, only person who has not understood that. Oh wait, you know, you're right. Whew!

VN Store

Back