Will the SEC be shocked soon about the Vols?

Our record will hinge upon how much our O line improves.

Pretty much. We don't have a Mullen on staff. He turned around that garbage offense in no time. Don't see anyone here that has done that before. Need to give Chaney 4 years to turn it around like last time he was here.

Reactions: Titan05
SAT) TBA
VS
GEORGIA STATE
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
Brigham Young University Logo
SEP 7 (SAT) TBA
VS
BYU
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Logo
SEP 14 (SAT) TBA
VS
CHATTANOOGA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Florida Logo
SEP 21 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
FLORIDA
GAINESVILLE, FLA.
University of Georgia Logo
OCT 5 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
GEORGIA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
Mississippi State University Logo
OCT 12 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Alabama Logo
OCT 19 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
ALABAMA
TUSCALOOSA, ALA.
University of South Carolina Logo
OCT 26 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
SOUTH CAROLINA
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Alabama at Birmingham Logo
NOV 2 (SAT) TBA
VS
UAB
KNOXVILLE, TENN.
University of Kentucky Logo
NOV 9 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
KENTUCKY
LEXINGTON, KY.
University of Missouri Logo
NOV 23 (SAT) TBA
SEC
AT
MISSOURI
COLUMBIA, MO.
Vanderbilt University Logo
NOV 30 (SAT) TBA
SEC
VS
VANDERBILT
KNOXVILLE, TENN.

Here is the list that we’re coming after. I thought I might let you know.

Good god man. Get grandpa off the internet. Is this Ken M? Asking seriously.

Can you link a thread on a message board where any fans are saying they are scared to play tennessee next season?

I'm on other forums and most everything I've seen is meh good hire for the Vols but didn't understand it. Some were even wondering why after all the complaining Vols did last time about him. Georgia fans were happy or didn't care as long as Pittman stayed. Not once was anybody afraid tho and they shouldn't be until be until we start beating them

Reactions: volfannbama
The main problem is the O and D lines . Yes we need better play at other positions as well, but the lines are a hugh problem.

Well, if I was a Vol fan, I would make sure this Hugh fella understands he better get the lines in shape, or ship out

Pretty much. We don't have a Mullen on staff. He turned around that garbage offense in no time. Don't see anyone here that has done that before. Need to give Chaney 4 years to turn it around like last time he was here.

Stop trying to act like UF was anything like us. They werent. Mullen walked into a great situation compared to Pruitt.

Reactions: Remy
Absolutely, and here is why. There appears that some vol fans have given up, and it is proof on this website. Other sec fans from other teams are kind of paying attention to us, but really not, because they think we aren’t going to be any good for a long time, no matter what we do, and they just brush us off. Well, I’m here to tell you and those other fans a little different story, as I see it getting better and the climb out of the doldrums are unfolding slowly in front of our eyes, even though most people doesn’t see it that way. Fans from Florida, Georgia, and anywhere else in the sec better start taking notice, because Pruitt and company isn’t going to lay down without a fight in 2019. They didn’t come here to lay down either, and that is what is going to be a shock to other teams this year. If Kirby Smart is going to win a national championship, it better be soon, because we are coming and we will block him from doing so, along with Mullen. I think we are going to put teams on notice in 2019, and beyond, and Pruitt is just now beginning. We are coming, and no one can stop us.
SEC fans aren't paying any attention to us!...We were the worse team in the SEC and got demolished by Vanderbilt in the last game of the season....Nobody is worried about us and nobody from the other teams care because we are just that bad of a team and laughable at best...We have a LOT of improvement to make before we are even respectable...I know your excited about us getting Jim Cheney but come on!...We are not a threat to anybody yet.

SEC fans aren't paying any attention to us!...We were the worse team in the SEC and got demolished by Vanderbilt in the last game of the season....Nobody is worried about us and nobody from the other teams care because we are just that bad of a team and laughable at best...We have a LOT of improvement to make before we are even respectable...I know your excited about us getting Jim Cheney but come on!...We are not a threat to anybody yet.

As much as it pains me to say, I completely agree with everything you said.

Stop trying to act like UF was anything like us. They werent. Mullen walked into a great situation compared to Pruitt.

What was their record last year?

Didn't everyone say their OL and QB sucked?

But now they did well under Mullen and everyone saw that coming lol gtfoh

Lol I was about as pumper as they came for awhile. Sorry if a retread hire doesn't do it for me.
Well! There is a totally different retread now. You see, it occurs to me that you aren’t paying attention to Pruitt. Every fan is paying attention to Cheney, not Pruitt. To sec fans right now, Pruitt has been buried, and isn’t the subject. It is all about Cheney, meanwhile Pruitt is putting a great defense on the field, right under their noses. Please pay attention to Pruitt, and see what he is doing, not Cheney.

Well! There is a totally different retread now. You see, it occurs to me that you aren’t paying attention to Pruitt. Every fan is paying attention to Cheney, not Pruitt. To sec fans right now, Pruitt has been buried, and isn’t the subject. It is all about Cheney, meanwhile Pruitt is putting a great defense on the field, right under their noses. Please pay attention to Pruitt, and see what he is doing, not Cheney.

Haven't thought about the former VP in quite some time, you make an interesting argument... Would you take him or Pence?

Reactions: Titan05 and Devo182

1) *Chaney

2) What does it matter what we pay attention to? It matters not one iota.

3) What defense is that? I'll believe it when I see it. He has to first prove he can coach up lower rated guys.

1) *Chaney

2) What does it matter what we pay attention to? It matters not one iota.

3) What defense is that? I'll believe it when I see it. He has to first prove he can coach up lower rated guys.
Where are you getting lower rated guys at? In the 2018 and 19 classes, there are a bunch of 4 stars that will be put together. Oh, that’s right, you aren’t paying attention to Pruitt are you? You see, Pruitt is a great evaluater of talent. It doesn’t matter what stars they are, he is going out and getting the guys that fits his program. A bunch of these guys are under the radar guys, that has great talent that no other teams hardly ever gave a scholarship to, but there is guys that is coming in that everyone knew about. For ex: we have a wide receiver coming in that was a two star, and they didn’t even pay attention to the star ratings. He is a burner, with great hands, and can separate against a db. Pay attention to Pruitt, and watch him develop the ones that are coming back in their second year under him.

I’ll say it again, if you think that Pruitt is going to stand back and turn the ball over again to Florida, with the experience of this offense coming back intact, then you’re surely mistaken. Without those six turnovers, it would’ve been a lot closer game last year, and even had a chance to win it, maybe. Those six turnovers killed us, but it won’t happen in the swamp this year.

And if you want to get technical, I don’t think anyone on this board except me, thinks that we can go to the swamp play you till the end, and beat y’all this year, and that includes Georgia. They come to rocky Top this year to. I’m the only one that thinks that we can beat them as well. I’m pretty much alone when I think these two things will happen.

No, and here is way: Our OL and DL will not improve enough to make a significant improvement in outcomes. DL could be worse. It is what it is. Maybe 2020 but not 2019.

A logical response and I fear very accurate. Now, if CJP had poached Pitt as well, I'd dare to presume as high as a 9-win season for 2019. It being that didn't happen, I agree with your pessimism. Yet would rejoice to be dead wrong.

VN Store

Back