As OC, Chaney has only once averaged less than 5 yds. per play...

Something else to ponder:

"Since returning to the college ranks in 2009, Chaney has coached 27 NFL Draft picks and 11 1,000-yard rushers. He also has seen all five of his draft-eligible starting quarterbacks get drafted or make an NFL roster."

The QB stat is pretty amazing.

Eleven 1,000 yd rushers since 2009?

A 277 lb. Jamir Johnson needs to be eating...A LOT....to continue this trend...

Reactions: Volatility

"Since returning to the college ranks in 2009, Chaney has coached 27 NFL Draft picks and 11 1,000-yard rushers. He also has seen all five of his draft-eligible starting quarterbacks get drafted or make an NFL roster."

That's really impressive

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
This sounds like it came from a diehard gator troll
No reason to be insulting.

I just don't think this guy is going to fix anything significant next year. I hope I am wrong. Tabasco goes well with crow and I have lots of it at home.

Reactions: savannahfan
Shame some of you can't even talk about something positive about our new coach without bashing JG.

Y'all must be miserable.
Agreed.

While I think JG may not be the greatest QB ever the constant bashing of him is childish and a shame on the fans.

He is giving his all for UT and that should be enough to root for him.

He got peterman drafted....that makes him the QB Messiah in my book.

Points are what win games. So, in his 19 year career, enlighten us all how many top 10 scoring offenses he has fielded?

UT averaged 5.5 yards per play in 2018. Not sure the point the OP was trying to make.

Dang dude, don't bring unbiased facts in here. Only pro-UT facts.

But yeah...5 ypp is a VERY LOW benchmark. Only 16 out of 130 offenses did so this year.

But Chaney has more sub 100 offenses than top 10.

His offenses have also gone down this past decade vs his Purdue days. 36 average scoring vs 57th. Should never have abandoned the spread.

Eleven 1,000 yd rushers since 2009?

A 277 lb. Jamir Johnson needs to be eating...A LOT....to continue this trend...

1,000 yd rusher is such a garbage stat I can't believe we're still using it in 2019. Hey, look, let's hand off to Jimmy 30 times a game and he'll be a thousand yard back!

The fact that most mainstream sports reporters are still not switched over to YPC just shows how little statistics education is needed for a journalism degree. Stats should be their 2nd major. Even worse for those reporting on politics and being duped.

Points are what win games. So, in his 19 year career, enlighten us all how many top 10 scoring offenses he has fielded?

Dude give it a rest. We didnt get Briles or Sark. Chaney is it. We get you dont like him and all but do you have to bash the guy in every single thread? Geez, how about give him a chance before just saying he wont get us there? I mean you bring up oh well 57th ranked offense blah, blah, blah. But looking at his history shows a good OC. He typically improves the offenses he coaches. Now is he going to work wonders at TN? Who knows? But he knows the SEC and thats a huge plus.

Also, as far as championships? I mean. Give me a break. Using the argument Chaney doesnt have what it takes to get us championships as a justification of his mediocrity is beyond silly.

Man you are just a ray of sunshine, i know i know you are just telling it like it is. Or how you think it is.

Reactions: Devo182
Reactions: TGFHeupel16

VN Store

Back