Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

This is true. His offense usually goes backward in year 1. He's no Mullen or Briles. No magician. Took him till year 4 here last time, so we should be patient till 2022.
You keep saying that however point to one OC in the Big 12 conference that is not considered a genius. Briles was no doubt successful but who wouldn't be with the way that conference plays defense.

I'm just here to watch VFB flip according to how it helps him at that moment.

We hired a better coordinator and should expect better results. Pretty simple concept. How much better? Who knows, let people buold their own expectations.... They dont really matter anyway.

How do you get that EVERYONE is a true freshman on offense? Thats not even close to being true.
We have a loser mentality that needs to stop.

Once you dont accept being a loser, its more than likely youll stop being a loser.

You keep saying that however point to one OC in the Big 12 conference that is not considered a genius. Briles was no doubt successful but who wouldn't be with the way that conference plays defense.

The b12 defensive thing is not really backed up by hard facts. Did OSU not just rack up on Mizzou? Baylor on Vandy? OU vs Bama and OU vs UGA last year? Texas did well on UGA, while UGA looked terrible vs that garbage b12 defense...

And lets not forget WVU. Man, we ran all over that tissue soft defense while our big bad sec D crushed them.

Maybe, just maybe, their prolific offenses make it look that way...? BECAUSE they are innovative. Riddle me this - do you think those teams would be putting up 40 ppg if they ran an old school I-formation? lol

re: Genius b12 OCs - I'm only aware of OU's, Yurcich, Kingsbury, Holgorsen. People make such a big deal of those guys. What about TCU, kansas, kstate, iowa st, texas, baylor? IF you looked at the actual stats, youd see a point distribution similar to the sec's - a few at the top and some really mediocre to bad offenses. But, no, dont actually research. Just regurgitate. It's the way of the know nothings.

And who is it again the NFL is targeting? I forget. Is it Kingsbury, Lincoln, etc or Chaney and Enos, and all the wonderful archaic guys? They only have billions at stake... What offenses are flourishing in the NFL? Remind me. Is it spread pass happy or bunch up i-formation??

Please answer all questions, I won't hold my breath lolol

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Chaney’s job is to REBUILD an SEC offense for us not take over and fine tune one that’s already been built. That was too big a job for Helton IMO.

Chaney’s the right man for our rebuild job not only based on his SEC work product but also bc he’s already experienced the good the bad and the ugly of Vol football. He’s got zero learning curve here.

Dang Bama, do you really think Chaney is that good? What exactly on his resume screams 1 year turnaround? You're just being unrealistic.
We ranked 121 on offense last year. We hired what I believe to be a better OC than the one that just left. Therefore I expect some improvement on offense next year.
If you disagree, great, continue on with the excuses and loser mentality.

Team deal with coaching changes constantly. Some deal with it and move on and some use it as an excuse for continued failure. Weird that being on the higher expectations side of that is considered taboo and means you are stupid.
Listen to anyone with a winning mentality and compare the excuse making here with their words and see if they are different.

A few suggestions....Inky Johnson, David Goggin, Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Eric Thomas, Nick Vujicic.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
-Michael Jordan
Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he wipp become as he can and should be.
-Stephen Covey.

Pfff,.those guys are dumb losers

I'm just here to watch VFB flip according to how it helps him at that moment.
People can build their own expectation, nothings stopping that. I encourage people to stop with the loser mentality and to persuade them to do so. Just as they seemingly try to persuade me to develop win. In the end people can do what they want, it really doesnt effect what happens on a football field that none of us are on.

We ranked 121 on offense last year. We hired what I believe to be a better OC than the one that just left. Therefore I expect some improvement on offense next year.
If you disagree, great, continue on with the excuses and loser mentality.

Team deal with coaching changes constantly. Some deal with it and move on and some use it as an excuse for continued failure. Weird that being on the higher expectations side of that is considered taboo and means you are stupid.
Listen to anyone with a winning mentality and compare the excuse making here with their words and see if they are different.

A few suggestions....Inky Johnson, David Goggin, Nick Saban, Bill Belichick, Vince Lombardi, Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Eric Thomas, Nick Vujicic.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
-Michael Jordan
Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he wipp become as he can and should be.
-Stephen Covey.

Pfff,.those guys are dumb losers

No, I'm just surprised you think so much of Chaney. Again, what in his RESUME tells you he is capable of a 1 year turnaround?

Fwiw, no matter what mentality you or I have has ANY effect on the actual results, of course. I only fear that some expecting too much will then become vocal midseason and that CAN have a real effect.

As for all your quotes - Saban would be the first to say "trust the process" and dont get caught up in immediate results. Results over process is the loser mentality. The derogatory term for this mindset is "results oriented thinking". Admiral and his "water the bamboo" quote would also disagree. Most great things dont come right away.

No, I'm just surprised you think so much of Chaney. Again, what in his RESUME tells you he is capable of a 1 year turnaround?

Fwiw, no matter what mentality you or I have has ANY effect on the actual results, of course. I only fear that some expecting too much will then become vocal midseason and that CAN have a real effect.

As for all your quotes - Saban would be the first to say "trust the process" and dont get caught up in immediate results. Results over process is the loser mentality. The derogatory term for this mindset is "results oriented thinking". Admiral and his "water the bamboo" quote would also disagree. Most great things dont come right away.
Saban never accepts a loser mentality, winners never do.
The improvement may be small but it should be there. I think the best part of having him is that he is an experienced coach that has had a good amount of successful. Pruitt should understand that and let him do his thing on offense. We have pretty good players and I think Chaney can scheme around our weakness in the oline. We did that twice last season and it worked out well.
He isnt perfect and has his flaws as well, but overall he is a solid coach, a good hire and we should expect to see improvments on o this year.

No it isnt.

You listed one of the criteria above that's a starting point for where Helton left it. 121 ranked offense.
Yeah, I would expect us to be ranked lower than 121. Saying where is the part that I couldnt quantify saying a number would be a complete guess.

Saban never accepts a loser mentality, winners never do.
The improvement may be small but it should be there. I think the best part of having him is that he is an experienced coach that has had a good amount of successful. Pruitt should understand that and let him do his thing on offense. We have pretty good players and I think Chaney can scheme around our weakness in the oline. We did that twice last season and it worked out well.
He isnt perfect and has his flaws as well, but overall he is a solid coach, a good hire and we should expect to see improvments on o this year.

In Bama FANS? How does he “not accept” it? And are you judging him with his current talent level? Because his first season at Bama had room for improvement. Did he accept it?

Reactions: chargervol
Yeah, I would expect us to be ranked lower than 121. Saying where is the part that I couldnt quantify saying a number would be a complete guess.

Where did you get we are 121st offense? Sounds like you're using a garbage stat, probably that horrific total yards stat. You do know our tempo was in the 100s, right?

Our YPP was 88th, scoring 108th (again, affected by tempo), s&p+ 63rd.

115 is lower or better than 121.

For that particular stat is that improvement?

If so. Is that acceptable?

People can build their own expectation, nothings stopping that. I encourage people to stop with the loser mentality and to persuade them to do so. Just as they seemingly try to persuade me to develop win. In the end people can do what they want, it really doesnt effect what happens on a football field that none of us are on.
But Saban doesn’t accept his fans expecting less. Still wonder what that entails.

Reactions: chargervol
In Bama FANS? How does he “not accept” it? And are you judging him with his current talent level? Because his first season at Bama had room for improvement. Did he accept it?
He goes to each of their houses individually and makes certain no one has a non VFB approved attitude.

If he runs across one of these loser mentality fools, bam! Punches 'em right in the kneecap.

I think it’s safe to say all of our “miracle bubbles” have been burst all to hell the last 10 years.

The b12 defensive thing is not really backed up by hard facts. Did OSU not just rack up on Mizzou? Baylor on Vandy? OU vs Bama and OU vs UGA last year? Texas did well on UGA, while UGA looked terrible vs that garbage b12 defense...

And lets not forget WVU. Man, we ran all over that tissue soft defense while our big bad sec D crushed them.

Maybe, just maybe, their prolific offenses make it look that way...? BECAUSE they are innovative. Riddle me this - do you think those teams would be putting up 40 ppg if they ran an old school I-formation? lol

re: Genius b12 OCs - I'm only aware of OU's, Yurcich, Kingsbury, Holgorsen. People make such a big deal of those guys. What about TCU, kansas, kstate, iowa st, texas, baylor? IF you looked at the actual stats, youd see a point distribution similar to the sec's - a few at the top and some really mediocre to bad offenses. But, no, dont actually research. Just regurgitate. It's the way of the know nothings.

And who is it again the NFL is targeting? I forget. Is it Kingsbury, Lincoln, etc or Chaney and Enos, and all the wonderful archaic guys? They only have billions at stake... What offenses are flourishing in the NFL? Remind me. Is it spread pass happy or bunch up i-formation??

Please answer all questions, I won't hold my breath lolol

Relax, man. No way we're hiring Chaney. Remember?, you called it.

;)

Where did you get we are 121st offense? Sounds like you're using a garbage stat, probably that horrific total yards stat. You do know our tempo was in the 100s, right?

Our YPP was 88th, scoring 108th (again, affected by tempo), s&p+ 63rd.
LMGTFY

There ya go....I made it up...right off the ncaa stat page.

He goes to each of their houses individually and makes certain no one has a non VFB approved attitude.

If he runs across one of these loser mentality fools, bam! Punches 'em right in the kneecap.
That way he can medically retire them! Always one step ahead! 😎

VN Store

Back