Give Fulmer some credit

Some very kind words on AD Fulmer on our football program....When is he going to get off his rear end and fire Coach Harley Warlick????? That absolutely will not happen as I doubt Fulmer has the guts or the intention of doing anything except her continue to run the program into the ditch....our LV basketball program is not the laughing stock of the SEC and it will not get better either...hire Kara Lawson and we will be on the comeback.
this is a football forum, go to the lady vols forum with your gripes, please

Well have you seen our football team since he left?

Just let me give you a friendly reminder. He had 2 losing season in 14 years I think. He also won us a Natty....

But your right its his fault.

Seriously??? If you honestly think this your grannies calling from upstairs your sandwich is ready.

16 seasons.........152-52 record. 11-5 vs. Alabama and Georgia each, combined 22-10. Only negative was Florida was enjoying their greatest era and greatest coach in their history at the same time.

Last edited:
Some very kind words on AD Fulmer on our football program....When is he going to get off his rear end and fire Coach Harley Warlick????? That absolutely will not happen as I doubt Fulmer has the guts or the intention of doing anything except her continue to run the program into the ditch....our LV basketball program is not the laughing stock of the SEC and it will not get better either...hire Kara Lawson and we will be on the comeback.
This is the Football forum. The Lady Vols forum is around the corner….

To be clear tho, he didnt poach Chaney. Kirby Smart didnt want him any more.

Smart was under the impression yesterday that Chaney was staying and would accept the raise they had negotiated, UT came in and made him the highest paid OC in the country, hard to say no to. Smart wanted to keep him!

WDtXIOz.gif

Reactions: TBvol
Do you have a source for this? All indications were that Smart wanted to keep Chaney, some fans were disgruntled is all I heard.

Georgia football moves on without OC Jim Chaney, declines to match Tennessee offer

“This move is about money for Jim,” a source close to the situation said late Tuesday night. “Jim’s nearing retirement and it’s a chance for him to make a significant amount more than Kirby (Smart) was willing to pay him to stay.”

I don't think Kirby would have fired Chaney, but he obviously wasn't going to put any effort into retaining him; take that for what you will.

Georgia football moves on without OC Jim Chaney, declines to match Tennessee offer

“This move is about money for Jim,” a source close to the situation said late Tuesday night. “Jim’s nearing retirement and it’s a chance for him to make a significant amount more than Kirby (Smart) was willing to pay him to stay.”

I don't think Kirby would have fired Chaney, but he obviously wasn't going to put any effort into retaining him; take that for what you will.
Wasn't going to put forth the required effort to retain him. The idea that he didn't put any effort doesn't appear to accurate.

Yeah... Everything seems to point to them trying to keep him but deciding not to match the offer a second time.
Its an interesting position to be put in. His offense has scored more points every year he has been there and was ranked in the top 15 this year. You don't make an effort to keep that guy and the next guy doesn't work out as well and you got problems.

Its an interesting position to be put in. His offense has scored more points every year he has been there and was ranked in the top 15 this year. You don't make an effort to keep that guy and the next guy doesn't work out as well and you got problems.
Sounds like when the numbers escalated, they probably decided that Chaney didn't want to be there and they've got a replacement on staff.

Reactions: Gandalf

Who is Harley Warlick? :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if UGA posters will think they have upgraded at OC after Chaney is replaced. I don't think they will view the hire as an upgrade. Of the candidates that had been identified for the Vols, Chaney had to be near the top when you consider the track record and all other issues. I'm more than pleased with this hire. It would have been a disaster if we had hired Kingsbury, who was probably the favorite for 80+% of our fanbase. Briles has baggage. And, I would be probably lean toward Chaney over Yurcich because I think Chaney will be better at using the talent he has vs. trying to implement a "system", and Yurcich might leave to be a HC in a year or two. We have Chaney for at least 3 yrs. So, maybe the best fit at this point in time.

Reactions: AM64 and jwilliams
Sounds like when the numbers escalated, they probably decided that Chaney didn't want to be there and they've got a replacement on staff.

I think this is it. Chaney has been good for them and they had intended to keep him, at least this next year. Because of some big pay bumps that they gave his co-OC and Pittman, they were not looking to outbid when TN dropped the money bags. Also, they felt they had a replacement. Chaney was probably ready to go because of the whole co-OC thing and KS's cheery game day demeanor. I am not sure anyone else but TN would have pulled him away though even at the same money. I think when GA countered with $1.2 or whatever, he would have stayed except for him really wanting to end his career at/in TN. Daughter going to UT no doubt had an impact.

Translation for the miserable: YES, WE POACHED HIM!

Reactions: USF grad in TN

VN Store

Back