Give Fulmer some credit

HonestVol24

Big Phil walked into the worst situation I’ve seen in sec football in a while. After last years hiring protest, national news beating us down and an all around true dumpster fire of an athletic dept. Phil stepped up and grabbed what’s known around the sec as one of if not the best defensive mind in the league and a proven recruiter and winner at multiple schools. Time will tell how he ends up as a HC but our football program went from a train wreck to now being a stable program with an incredible staff. Recruiting is on the climb and all signs point to a bright future. He quietly got rick Barnes signed to a good contract and quietly poached a big time OC from the school dominating the east right now. He handled the search like a professional and since taking over has kept everything in house. I’m proud to have him back in control and I imagine coaches couldn’t imagine working for a better AD. Whatever your opinion is about anything I think we can all agree it’s a great feeling having Tennessee people running the program again. Thank you Phil 🙏🏻

Big Phil walked into the worst situation I’ve seen in sec football in a while. After last years hiring protest, national news beating us down and an all around true dumpster fire of an athletic dept. Phil stepped up and grabbed what’s known around the sec as one of if not the best defensive mind in the league and a proven recruiter and winner at multiple schools. Time will tell how he ends up as a HC but our football program went from a train wreck to now being a stable program with an incredible staff. Recruiting is on the climb and all signs point to a bright future. He quietly got rick Barnes signed to a good contract and quietly poached a big time OC from the school dominating the east right now. He handled the search like a professional and since taking over has kept everything in house. I’m proud to have him back in control and I imagine coaches couldn’t imagine working for a better AD. Whatever your opinion is about anything I think we can all agree it’s a great feeling having Tennessee people running the program again. Thank you Phil 🙏🏻

Some very kind words on AD Fulmer on our football program....When is he going to get off his rear end and fire Coach Harley Warlick????? That absolutely will not happen as I doubt Fulmer has the guts or the intention of doing anything except her continue to run the program into the ditch....our LV basketball program is not the laughing stock of the SEC and it will not get better either...hire Kara Lawson and we will be on the comeback.

Reactions: VolGirl1126
Do you have a source for this? All indications were that Smart wanted to keep Chaney, some fans were disgruntled is all I heard.
All indications were that Smart blamed Chaney for the offense and magically Chaney's contract wasnt extended.

Reactions: Devo182

Ah yes, the mysterious "we offered him a raise to stay". I rememeber when the Cardinals "made a substantial offer" to keep Albert Pujols...lol

what did you expect the reports of of Georgia to be "Good, we didnt want you anyway"...lol

Good lord people. If everything was kosher in Athens then Chaney would still be there.

Anyway, I'm glad he's at UT now, but man you guys.......

Ah yes, the mysterious "we offered him a raise to stay". I rememeber when the Cardinals "made a substantial offer" to keep Albert Pujols...lol

what did you expect the reports of of Georgia to be "Good, we didnt want you anyway"...lol

Good lord people. If everything was kosher in Athens then Chaney would still be there.

Yeah because no team has ever lost a coach they wanted to retain.

He quietly gave Holly an extension also and he’s still the guy that the mess in the first place.

Well have you seen our football team since he left?

Just let me give you a friendly reminder. He had 2 losing season in 14 years I think. He also won us a Natty....

But your right its his fault.

Seriously??? If you honestly think this your grannies calling from upstairs your sandwich is ready.

To be clear tho, he didnt poach Chaney. Kirby Smart didnt want him any more.
Closest UT situation I can think of is Cuonzo. Some wanted him, some didn't...same with Chaney. Smart wouldn't have offered him a raise if he didn't want to keep him, but diminishing returns of bidding war w/ UT.

Reactions: BreatheUT

Trump should send you to the border to talk to the immigrants. You can cast the dark side of America to them like you do about UT on here and we won’t need a wall.

If everything is as you say then John Brice isn’t telling the truth and we over paid in a fake bidding war for him.

Should’ve called you so we could snag him for 700k instead.

VN Store

Back