Statement hire.

CA_Vol

I’ll eat my crow with a ton of hot sauce. After over 40 days, the search appeared to be aimless. But when Pruitt got Chaney interested, he and Fulmer (and the Administration) did what it took to get it done. This is a statement hire for the program and the SEC. Tennessee is not going to be outbid and is here to compete with the other top programs.

Some will say UGA no longer wanted Chaney, or that we overpaid, but they would be wrong on both accounts. UGA got into a bidding war with us and lost. It’s been reported that they wouldn’t match the last offer because it would have been disruptive to the staff. They wanted him to stay. Also, by making him one of the highest paid OCs in football, we are making clear to every coach out there that we are ready to do whatever it takes to retain the best and win.

While I don’t think this search unfolded necessarily as initially envisioned, when they saw an opportunity, they took it. I am heartened by that. It’s a change in mentality, and a significant one at that.

When Football matters is when a Football man is running the operation AD. Fulmer more than anyone knows that without great coordinators the HC is $h!t. Chaney best OC at UT outside of Cutcliffe!

Suck it Georgia!

giphy.gif

Bob Shoop was a statement hire, as well...

Time will tell if it was a good statement or a bad statement.
If we land Wright, he and Morris will make it more of a positive statement. And, all the sudden, I think we'll start regularly getting more highest level interest out of QB's. At end of the day, if he can coordinate our offense and recruit QB's, the rest of staff can take care of the other position recruiting.

I agree. He's a great coach. But it's all in the "fit", IMO. Snoop is also a great coach...except when he was at UT.
I agree here. This is the ONLY thing I worry a little about w/ Chaney. While I'm happy that Fulmer is vested in getting us back on top, I just hope it was Pruitt's move...it has to be a good fit with personalities.

I agree here. This is the ONLY thing I worry a little about w/ Chaney. While I'm happy that Fulmer is vested in getting us back on top, I just hope it was Pruitt's move...it has to be a good fit with personalities.

This screams of a dad who was tired of waiting on his son to make a pick in the candy aisle so he just grabs something and drags him to the cash register to pay.

Reactions: njvols

VN Store

Back