How will a Chaney hire affect recruiting?

munsterlander

No one of consequence.
I don't have a theory to advance, I'm just curious what those of you who follow recruiting closely think.

Reactions: trion23
for this cycle, not sure how much it matters, maybe for pickens??? which would be huge if it were to happen.

but this class is all but done.

i think it will do nothing but help going forward, if nothing else, it settles a lot of the questions about what our offense is, what it's all about etc....wont' have to answer those questions on the recruiting trail any more. they're going to know what they're going to get with a Chaney offense.

I think it will bode well for recruits.

I think he has actually called plays for over twenty friggin years.
SEC/Big 10 Champion
Experience with multiple positions we need help with from TE, OL to QB
He has put every QB he has worked with into the league, including the arguably best all time QB in Drew Breeze and some that were performing horribly before he got his hands on them such as Peterman and Crompton. Bray also went and I am sure Fromm benefited.
He has coached both in College and in the league.
He has never been fired by anyone other than Butch Jones
He has improved every position group and offense he has touched.
Offers a balanced attack approach (Georgia was #1 in SEC in rushing this year)
Familiarity and synergy with existing staff

When you consider where our program is, I think anyone who has a hard time with this hire insults their self in through their disappointment.

Last edited:
I think it will bode well for recruits.

I think he has actually called plays for over twenty friggin years.
SEC/Big 10 Champion
Experience with multiple positions we need help with from TE, OL to QB
He has put every QB he has worked with into the league, including the arguably best all time QB in Drew Breeze and some that were performing horribly before he got his hands on them such as Peterman and Crompton. Bray also went and I am sure Fromm benefited.
He has coached both in College and in the league.
He has never been fired by anyone other than Butch Jones
He has improved every position group and offense he has touched.
Offers a balanced attack approach (Georgia was #2 in SEC in rushing this year)
Familiarity and synergy with existing staff

When you consider where our program is, I think anyone who has a hard time with this hire insults their self in through their disappointment.
Okay now hoss, take that back about Brees. You know Lord Manning Is the best QB of all time.

He has put every QB he has worked with into the league, including the arguably best all time QB in Drew Breeze and some that were performing horribly before he got his hands on them such as Peterman and Crompton.
I thought Kiffin was to blame for Crompton's drastic improvement.

Rusty Mansell saying on Bill King show that Harrison Bailey may open back up because CJC did not recruit him hard.

I don't use the tweeter. Has Bailey tweeted anything in response yet?

Also, Chaney could just say that Kirby told him not to recruit him.

I saw in one thread, I think for a '20 wr, tweeted that bailey has been telling him how good Chaney is. So apparently bailey is using Chaney to recruit for us.

“Wasn’t too familiar with Coach Chaney, but I will be up there pretty soon! (Tennessee quarterback commitment) Harrison Bailey’s been in my ear quite a bit about that, so hopefully we will have something planned here pretty soon.”

👀
Can't tell if he's saying bailey has been in his ear about Chaney or visiting?

Edit: from the 20 NC WR Muhsin Muhammad III thread.

Rusty didnt say he would open back up he just said he didnt know what kind of relationship they had because Chaney didnt recruit him

VN Store

Back