Alabama vs Clemson

Whoever Dabo has running the defense as DC, they aren't paying him enough.

It was actually a fairly typical night for our kicker(s).

I posted this question earlier but I’m going to ask you,

Saban can recruit any five Star he wants so why can’t he get a decent kicker? They said you kicker has missed NINE from the 18???

That’s insane to me

I posted this question earlier but I’m going to ask you,

Saban can recruit any five Star he wants so why can’t he get a decent kicker? They said you kicker has missed NINE from the 18???

That’s insane to me

Austin Jones was a transfer from Temple, and at one point hit 19 straight field goals. He got to Bama and lost his s***. Bulovas has been slightly better, but still awful.

I don't know. It's baffling. Leigh Tiffin was the only truly reliable kicker of the Saban era, and he came in during Shula's last year.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Hunter Renfroe is a true inspiration. Especially after everything that he’s been through.

Like surviving the Titanic going down.....

Ok I stole that, but still funny.

Austin Jones was a transfer from Temple, and at one point hit 19 straight field goals. He got to Bama and lost his s***. Bulovas has been slightly better, but still awful.

I don't know. It's baffling. Leigh Tiffin was the only truly reliable kicker of the Saban era, and he came in during Shula's last year.

It’s weird, it’s like they get hit by the suck fairy when they come to Bama.

Here is what amazes me about Clemson's success...

Clemson, South Carolina (Population 16,649 - per the most recent census estimates)

* Clemson is the 28th largest city in the state of South Carolina, which is the 23rd largest state.
* Clemson has a total area of 7.9 square miles.
* Clemson is 278 miles from Hilton Head (est. 4 hr 30 min drive) and 283 miles from Myrtle Beach (est. 4 hr 35 min drive).

How is it possible to recruit players from out of state to such an incredibly small town in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina, especially when you are so far from the coastline (and can't sell the beach as an attraction)? As a point of reference for people who live or have lived in the Knoxville area but have never been through there, Clemson is about half the size of Maryville (which has a population of 28,765 and a total area of 16.8 square miles).

I don't get it... how do they recruit so well? On the surface, their town seems like an impossible sell to out of state players.

VN Store

Back