The only Poll that has had us at #1 consistently

Daloth

I'm normally not one to link polls just because they praise us but this article today by Garry parrish had a stat that just blew my mind because I hadn't considered it (and the fact he updates his poll every day there are games is impressive to me)

For those who don't want to click he opens by writing pretty much entirely about Tennessee:

There's nothing notable on Monday's college basketball schedule because of college football's national championship game between Alabama and Clemson. But Tuesday's schedule has lots of interesting games -- among them Tennessee at Missouri.

It's an interesting matchup because it'll only be the Vols' second road game of the season season and first against a top-75 KenPom opponent, which means UT's streak of 11 consecutive double-digit victories over unranked teams could be in jeopardy. Put another way, so far this season, Tennessee is 1-1 vs. currently ranked opponents -- the win is over Gonzaga, the loss is an overtime loss to Kansas -- and 11-0 vs. currently unranked opponents with 11 double-digit wins that have come by an average of 25.3 points.

UT has been mauling folks.

But league games on the road are often a different deal -- which Nevada learned Saturday at New Mexico shortly after Kansas learned the same lesson at Iowa State. Either way, Tennessee will enter Tuesday's game at Missouri ranked No. 1 in the CBS Sports Top 25 And 1. If the Vols get caught there, Duke will replace them at the top provided the Blue Devils win at Wake Forest on Tuesday.

College Basketball Rankings: Tennessee remains No. 1 ahead of Duke in the updated Top 25 And 1

I'm really happy that Lamonte is back in the back court. Not only for the threes. But mainly for the experience at ball handling and decision making in road environments. Yes, that's a crazy stat. This team has shown a relative consistency from game to game. Great coaching and solid experienced floor leadership on display.

Personally I think Mizzou is a much tougher match up than Florida. Be nice to blow them both away by about 25.3.

I too think it will be tougher, and I hope we show up and play a complete game. Last year we looked pretty bad against them and we owe them some payback.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I too think it will be tougher, and I hope we show up and play a complete game. Last year we looked pretty bad against them and we owe them some payback.
Spreads at TN -8 -15 whatever that means. You know what the second numbers for?

Personally I think Mizzou is a much tougher match up than Florida. Be nice to blow them both away by about 25.3.

If it is the normal tough defense team yes. I see they lost badly to Iowa State, Kansas State and close one to Temple. No win of importance. Jury still out but looks like Vols win by 10.

Spreads at TN -8 -15 whatever that means. You know what the second numbers for?

A second number typically is a handicap, but thats usually only in european betting, but usually thats several handicaps not just one. I'm actually curious myself now what it is.

I read the article before the OP posted and I liked it. I was a little concerned we have not played enough quality teams. Let's just see how this plays out. Go Vols!

No doubt...there's no transference b/t victories in sports, but I, for one was wanting Vols to hit the century mark vs UGA, while holding them under 50, just for a little extra measure for our football losses last two years. So, I'm hoping that we continue to maul our way thru the SEC schedule.

Reactions: BreatheUT
No doubt...there's no transference b/t victories in sports, but I, for one was wanting Vols to hit the century mark vs UGA, while holding them under 50, just for a little extra measure for our football losses last two years. So, I'm hoping that we continue to maul our way thru the SEC schedule.
I don't think you're alone in that desire. Maul um all.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I really want to beat these next 2 coaches. Cuonzo was an ass when he left and White was too good (or scared) to be UT's head ball coach. To quote Butch, Eff all them.
I want to beat Conzo. I didn't think he was an ass when he left. I was happy when he left as I thought his basketball was boring and lacked team offense. Was not sure he coached up at the team level. Saw player development. I just want to beat him to show his system is not the best.

I want to beat Conzo. I didn't think he was an ass when he left. I was happy when he left as I thought his basketball was boring and lacked team offense. Was not sure he coached up at the team level. Saw player development. I just want to beat him to show his system is not the best.

He could have taken a higher road... I supported him until he spewed divisive rhetoric. Wasn't as bad as KO though when he left. KO tried to damage Dickey by burning down the program.

Cuonzo’s Teams were frustrating to watch, game to game, week to week. Just about the time you were ready to put your heart into the team, then they’d rip it out of your chest and stomp on it by lackluster, lazy play. Wouldn’t surprise me if they play us a game worthy of the Warriors, then Saturday like a Class A high school team. I’m as glad he’s gone as he was to get out of here.

As I recall Cuonzo interviewed with Cal while ostensibly on a recruiting trip to AZ (funded by the UTAD, of course). Plus days before he came out with a statement reaffirming his commitment to UT (on April Fool's Day heh), after taking himself out of the running for the Marquette job.
Still, nothing too terribly dick-ish, especially in light of the Pearl petition and Hart's refusal to give CCM the renewal terms he wanted.

Water under the bridge imo. And I hope we curb-stomp'em by fifty.

Reactions: spyfish007
Didn't Cuonzo's TN teams seem to play better on the road rather than at home? Maybe that was the Donnie year. Cuonzo's teams didn't appreciate the fans. A handful of idiot rednecks don't represent the entire fan base.

Reactions: spyfish007
I really want to beat these next 2 coaches. Cuonzo was an ass when he left and White was too good (or scared) to be UT's head ball coach. To quote Butch, Eff all them.

I was thinking about this the other day. We are so fortunate to have Barnes. Martin somehow makes it or stays two more years, then having Barnes is unlikely.

VN Store

Back