Next Year’s Men’s Basketball Team Discussion

There is zero chance Grant goes in the in the first round, even if he wins player of the year and we win a national title.

People really need to get something into their brains about professional leagues, but basketball more than any other. If you do not fit the prototypical size you will not get the dice rolled on you barring EXTREME circumstances. Grant is good. He is not 30 ppg 10 rebounds 5 assists good.

Will someone take a risk on him in the second round or free agency and him make a team and end up contributing? Very possible. But nobody will risk their first rounders on him. And to do so would be foolish when they can look at the exact same school for a guy in a similar situation of being undersized for his position that was drafted higher than he should be and is barely making teams now.
FWIW the latest update by ESPN’s Jonathan Givony (ran draftexpress) has Grant Williams going 28th and Admiral 29th.

FWIW the latest update by ESPN’s Jonathan Givony (ran draftexpress) has Grant Williams going 28th and Admiral 29th.

I'd love to see it. Neither will happen. Admiral has the best shot though if he continues to shoot and average near 20.

Do you.... watch the NBA? peak Draymond Green is one of the best passing and offensive big men in recent memory. He's averaged over seven assists over the last four years to less than three turnovers with a true shooting percentage never below 47%. He is Dennis Rodman with the court vision of an All NBA 1st team point guard.

I love Grant, but he is not even in the same conversation as the most important player on the best dynasty since Duncan's Spurs. Notice I didn't say best, but as Kerr has openly said himself, their entire defense and offensive strategy is centered on Draymond and his unique skill set. Finding shooters or scorers is easy (GS has 5 after all), finding someone who can guard Lebron James and drop 30 in the process on any given night is once in a generation.

You can't compare Green's NBA numbers to Grant's college numbers. It's a different game, and Green has all NBA shooters to pass the ball to in addition to a shorter clock and more possessions. Green's best college year was his last where he averaged 16 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists (averaged 4.1 the previous year), and shot 45%. This year, Grant averages 19.9 points, 8.1 rebounds, 4.1 assists, and shoots 60%.

I don't know where Grant will get drafted. Green was 2nd round. But a comparison with NBA numbers is apples and oranges.

Do you.... watch the NBA? peak Draymond Green is one of the best passing and offensive big men in recent memory. He's averaged over seven assists over the last four years to less than three turnovers with a true shooting percentage never below 47%. He is Dennis Rodman with the court vision of an All NBA 1st team point guard.

I love Grant, but he is not even in the same conversation as the most important player on the best dynasty since Duncan's Spurs. Notice I didn't say best, but as Kerr has openly said himself, their entire defense and offensive strategy is centered on Draymond and his unique skill set. Finding shooters or scorers is easy (GS has 5 after all), finding someone who can guard Lebron James and drop 30 in the process on any given night is once in a generation.

Yes I do watch the nba, very clearly more than you. I assume you don't mean to say Draymond guards lebron, because that task almost always falls to iggy or Durant, sometimes to Draymond. I assume you don't mean to say Draymond can score 30 any given night either, the man who is averaging 7.5 ppg right now. Grant williams is averaging 4.1 assists right now, good for 7th in the SEC. Also 8.3 rebounds and 19 ppg, while shooting nearly 60% from the floor, and over 40% from 3. You also have to combine that with the fact that he also averages over 1.2 steals and 1.7 blocks per game. While I don't believe he can guard lebron with much success, he can certainly guard most 4s and 5s in the NBA. He is certainly more likely to drop 30 on any given night than green is. Like I said like Draymond with more offense and less defense. Grant is far better now than green ever was in college.

I'd love to see it. Neither will happen. Admiral has the best shot though if he continues to shoot and average near 20.

Admiral has a decent shot at being a first with his size and shooting.

I still can't see him in the league just yet. He has continued to improve, and maybe if he keeps adding to his arsenal through next season, he will have a shot. As of this moment, I don't see him having the size or explosiveness to be a consistently effective player. I have no doubt that he is capable of sharpening his skills to give himself a chance though. I would be shocked if he were drafted this year, let alone actually declare.

I would prefer he stay. Ultimately, if he finishes the season like this, he is will test the waters. That being said, he would be the type of kid who would stay and finish out what he started. Him playing four UT would be ideal for the program!

VN Store

Back