Doug Matthews on the OC

Nope. He is a friend though.

Your immaturity is showing.
Stop typing while flipping the burgers. You might lose the only job you can obtain.
I’m sure he’s a good dude, doesn’t mean he had that much knowledge of what was going on. He made a statement at a rather stupid time and instead of carefully choosing his words he ran with a 95% quote. Friend or not, don’t get upset when people have fun with it or an opinion different than yours. Coming on a public forum to insult those probably adds fuel to the fire and makes you look like a blind loyalist who can’t see things objectively.

The drift I got from Mathews is that Yurcich had verbally agreed.
Ohio State then came in and grabbed him.
Putting us back at square one.

This day and time a verbal agreement is not what I would call 95% done. More like 5% done. You don't have much until a contract is signed.

Mr. FranklinVol. . .If I was a friend with a party being discussed in this forum, I would think I would keep my personal friendship with him private. Not saying you and coach Mathews are not good friends--am saying you shouldn't pass it around in this forum. (sorta like name dropping or boosting yourself maybe?)

Nothing against Doug, but its obvious he doesn't have any real inside info, and he shouldn't be putting out bold statements like he did without anything to back it up.

Maybe 100% true, but maybe he should seek more reliable sources before reporting all that information that he knows more about than about any person on volnation, then he wouldn’t seem like just about every other person on volnation that throws out stuff to see if it sticks!

Maybe the issue isn’t with Matthews and it’s with us..... we are too mentally fragile to understand that no insider can be 100% accurate whether it be recruiting or coaching searches.

Just ackowledged the “95% done deal” wasn’t done, so it was probably Yurcich. So I think we’re all in the same boat...nobody knows nuthin.’
About damn time. I don’t know where he got his supposed information or if he just made it up, but it’s about time he admitted it. He was about as wrong as I’ve ever heard a supposed person who’s “in the know” has ever been. Only took him since 6-7 weeks to fess up.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Maybe the issue isn’t with Matthews and it’s with us..... we are too mentally fragile to understand that no insider can be 100% accurate whether it be recruiting or coaching searches.
How the hell is this anybody’s fault other than the guy who insisted, for a month and a half, that he knew something that nobody else knew? And it turned out to be 100% wrong, as many of us suspected. All we can do is listen to guys who are supposed to know what they’re talking about. Doug is supposed to be one of those guys. It’s no one’s fault but his.

How the hell is this anybody’s fault other than the guy who insisted, for a month and a half, that he knew something that nobody else knew? And it turned out to be 100% wrong, as many of us suspected. All we can do is listen to guys who are supposed to know what they’re talking about. Doug is supposed to be one of those guys. It’s no one’s fault but his.

Why are you acting like it’s that time of the month..... There are tons of tumors it was Yurcich that would fit exactly what he said..... That kind of stuff happens all the time..... we have had coaches hired and changed their mind at the very last second..... Remember Butch Jones...... Colorado’s head coach..... or manny Diaz..... temples head coach..... all of these situations are very fluid.

Reactions: coach799
You just dont get it. His source is reliable. Things however change. Kiffin would be our coach if USC did not call. Yurcich would be here if OSU did not call. Recruits change their minds after telling a coach they are coming.

Everyone wants the scoop however things are fluid until the ink dries. Same way in business. I am in commercial development, cannot count the number of times we thought the deal was done.
No I get it 100%. Paid professionals all around
Reporting rumors, inside sources and verbal agreements of which 95% turn out to be false, regardless of whether or not they “fell through “ or were fake news to begin with.
I can get the same on volnation from amateur’s with the same reliability.
I get it, when DM or any other radio personalities report anything that’s 95% done I know that means 0.

I agree. The public relations people at UT are TERRIBLE. Who ever is in charge of that needs to be re evaluated. Get someone with some brains to run that department. I get that rumors will come and go, but the University should at least put out a statement.
While they're at it maybe they can get someone competent to perform coaching searches. Or perhaps remove people who obstruct them.

VN Store

Back