The Official #3 Tennessee vs. Georgia Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, SEC Network

Really nice win, Vols. I'm a Memphis fan but have to tip my hat to your BB team, one that is made up up of relative unknowns but plays like a real, cohesive team. Barnes is proving to being a really good choice, much to my surprise. However, I like to see teams like yours (with no OAD's) do well, even if it is UT.

Pearl was a better recruiter, Barnes is a better "teacher" of the game of basketball. Pearl's teams were not as consistent in scoring like Barnes' teams seem to be. I'd have to go with Barnes.

I don't think that Pearl was a better recruiter. He'd just take any highly rated player while Barnes selectively recruits players that will buy into and fit in his system. Pearl had no boundaries. Barnes will not put the program at risk.

Pearl was a great hire for that point in TN's basketball timeline. But he left the program in shambles. He left it is worse shape than what he started with. Still, it was very fun for 5 of the 6 years.

If anyone finds it on YouTube, that’d be much appreciated.

You can’t put too much weight in a single game result though. Northeastern is 7-8 and they beat Alabama. No doubt UT is considerably better than Arkansas and we get them here so I agree we should rout them but we will likely lose a game somewhere that we shouldn’t. This is going to be a great year though. I was thinking about 7 regular season losses coming into the season but right now I would say more like 4. Of course March is what matters though.

I really have a hard time seeing 3 more losses. That’s how amazing this team is.

Weird acting coach for sure. Dude's got problems bigger than his basketball team imho.
I actually thought he handled the complete destruction of his team quite well. Most coaches would have been sobbing in their soup.

I really have a hard time seeing 3 more losses. That’s how amazing this team is.
They honestly look like they could run the table, especially when you consider how they look versus the rest of the conference and West Virginia. I struggle to wrap my brain around that though as we haven’t seen them play a conference road game yet and that last stretch of games is insanely difficult. If they blow these next 2 teams out they may have a shot at running the table or maybe losing only 1 more. You certainly could be right.

If they will continue to focus on their defense (defense doesn't slump) then I could easily see only 2 or less losses. With Bone emerging they now have 3 different guys who can go off for 30 on any given night. KA, Bowden, and LT if healthy can get 20. With so many different places to score points they will be tough to stop if they bring the D every game

I actually thought he handled the complete destruction of his team quite well. Most coaches would have been sobbing in their soup.
It wasn't the post game, it was during the game. During a timeout, he didn't even address his team, the assistant coach did. The assistant coach also spent a whole tv timeout bending a refs ear close to the GA bench. He may be a very good coach but i didn't see a connection with the team and with his continual chatter, they didn't appear to listen to him. Barnes gets in the grill of UT players, I didn't see him do that or talk directly to them.

If they will continue to focus on their defense (defense doesn't slump) then I could easily see only 2 or less losses. With Bone emerging they now have 3 different guys who can go off for 30 on any given night. KA, Bowden, and LT if healthy can get 20. With so many different places to score points they will be tough to stop if they bring the D every game
Good post. The best offensive teams all have off nights. Great defense never does. You are 100 % correct in that if our defense keeps improving we will be very hard to beat.

Reactions: walkenvol

He’s gonna have them making the tourney consistently in a couple years

Reactions: calban
Good post. The best offensive teams all have off nights. Great defense never does. You are 100 % correct in that if our defense keeps improving we will be very hard to beat.
Really the only off night we've had so far was against GT and that was caused by officials intent on destroying flow. Hard for me to imagine an off night now with the maturity and willingness to share the ball. One or 2 guys aren't hitting and they're passing it t the guys that are.

Really the only off night we've had so far was against GT and that was caused by officials intent on destroying flow. Hard for me to imagine an off night now with the maturity and willingness to share the ball. One or 2 guys aren't hitting and they're passing it t the guys that are.
That's true but sometimes the whole team just has a bad offensive game.(Alabama last year).Great defense might not win the game for you.But it will definitely keep you in the game. Its nice to have both though.😁

That's true but sometimes the whole team just has a bad offensive game.(Alabama last year).Great defense might not win the game for you.But it will definitely keep you in the game. Its nice to have both though.😁
Oh, I agree about the Defense. Scary thing(not for us) is that we can be even better.

Oh, I agree about the Defense. Scary thing(not for us) is that we can be even better.
I know we can.i still don't think we have played our best basketball yet.We are getting closer but still are not there yet. Its good to see us improving as a team and individually. I just pray that we dont peak to early. What's fun though is that I fear playing no one anywhere .We might not win all of them but we will compete at a very very high level for 40 minutes.

I know we can.i still don't think we have played our best basketball yet.We are getting closer but still are not there yet. Its good to see us improving as a team and individually. I just pray that we dont peak to early. What's fun though is that I fear playing no one anywhere .We might not win all of them but we will compete at a very very high level for 40 minutes.
Oh my, that is a goooood feeling don't ya know. My dream match up is Duke in the Final and watching Williams school the Zion pup. He'd be calling him dad after the game.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Oh my, that is a goooood feeling don't ya know. My dream match up is Duke in the Final and watching Williams school the Zion pup. He'd be calling him dad after the game.
Would be a fun game to watch for sure. They are so good to be as young as they are.

All Too Easy Win for the Terrific Volunteers it was a joke in the 1st, and made worse in the 2nd Half.

This might be the best Volunteers Basketball team.

That is the fun thing. Every game you know we haven’t reached our full potential. Not one player on our team has peaked yet and each game you continually see them improving. Knowing the team haven’t peaked yet, but are playing so good makes you want to see more from them.

VN Store

Back