Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

What were seeing this season is parity is starting to come to the women's game. Some Mid-majors that are really good this season are South Dakota, Drake, Butler, UAB, Central Michigan. Some underrated teams are Gonzaga, Marquette, Syracuse, Iowa, and Virginia Tech. A lot of these teams will make the tourney is definitely could upset some of the teams that are highly regarded.

Two big games tonight.

Kansas State 9 and 3 at Iowa State 10 and 2 6:30 cst Not being televised by any network but is on Cyclone.TV if anyone can get that. Wish I could see this to see Middleton but not this time.
Oklahoma State 9 and 2 at Texas 10 and 2 is on at 7 cst on the Longhorn Network. I think you can stream it is you are an ESPN plus subscriber. Tennessee has a win on the road over both these teams.

Reactions: RollerVol
One down 3 to go ... I think the SECN could have picked any other game to televise besides MS st and Ark it’s UGLY 30-18 to start the second

Last edited:
Meme has half of TN points. She has been playing well as of late. They need that kind of consistent scoring.

If Baylor knocks off UCONN how much, if any, do you think it helps us being that Baylor’s lone loss is also to Stanford?

Also, we’re big, but Baylor is HUGE with Jackson on the bench, Smith, Richards, Cox and Brown all on at once. They are just giants!

Reactions: BUBear
what a game! nice win by Baylor. I had to check the score about 3 times to make sure I was looking at it correctly.

Reactions: Slydell
It was odd to see Connecticut looking like a normal team. There was nothing extraordinary about them tonight, and they were outplayed by a bigger, stronger team. I was beginning to think I’d never see that happen again in my lifetime, but I’ll be darned! lol

Baylor played excellent defense and UConn missed wide open shots in the first half. The longer the game went on and they missed the wide open ones the more confident Baylor got and the more hesitant the players who were missing got. That's a loss I can live with though. I can't stand ugly basketball and that was ugly, however; the effort I saw was great and you don't see that in every WCBB game.

I really truly hope this win helps Baylor get more butts in the seats and encourages Mulkey to schedule more big OOC games (even in years where she doesn't have a great squad) they have been too good for too long for them to not draw a bit better at home or in the Dallas regionals.

You wonder what Mulkey is doing by not starting Smith or at least playing her 30 minutes a game. She was 6 of 9 and only played 15 minutes. She is far better than Cox that played 40 minutes.

Baylor only had 5 turnovers and Uconn only had 9. There are only a handful of teams to have a shot at winning against Uconn in the tournament later this year. Baylor, Stanford and Notre Dame....

You wonder what Mulkey is doing by not starting Smith or at least playing her 30 minutes a game. She was 6 of 9 and only played 15 minutes. She is far better than Cox that played 40 minutes.

Lauren Cox was so deep in Napheesa Collier's head defensively that Collier was already thinking what her counter move was gonna be, assuming that Cox was gonna shut down her first option. That was a masterful defensive performance by Lauren. Collier is one of the most efficient players on offense in the country, and Lauren made her life miserable.

Also, we’re big, but Baylor is HUGE with Jackson on the bench, Smith, Richards, Cox and Brown all on at once. They are just giants!

That lineup where Richards was guarding Dangerfield was scary. Not many teams gonna score on that size and speed.

I have no idea how Baylor lost to Stanford, to be honest...

That lineup where Richards was guarding Dangerfield was scary. Not many teams gonna score on that size and speed.

I have no idea how Baylor lost to Stanford, to be honest...

Tara came up with a great game plan and nullified Brown and Cox and they just didn’t respond ...

Baylor is scary for sure but they def were blessed to get that graduate transfer to help at the guard spot. Sometimes the rich get richer.

I can’t say that this showdown will go down like March.

I think Baylor is a great match up for UConn but might have problem with the likes of UL or ND. It’s funny how someteams are built to beat other teams while they may not match up well with others.

VN Store

Back