'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

His coach told 247 he plans to practice and play just a precaution today

Resisting urge to take low hanging fruit and re-type what you typed twice....I can't!!!

His coach told 247 he plans to practice and play just a precaution today.

yep. Off the movie Blood and Bone a BAMF movie with Jai White, bob sapp, kimbo slice, ect.

His coach told 247 he plans to practice and play just a precaution today

Reactions: tnvols1
Exact opposite. Watch the 6m video. Whatever he does, will be the best of his ability.
I’ve seen the other videos of him worrying about taking to many hits and wanting to have a long prosperous career. The fact that he was hurt most of his senior season, coupled with the other things he’s said make me think the opposite. We’ll see in 3 years though.

I’ve seen the other videos of him worrying about taking to many hits and wanting to have a long prosperous career. The fact that he was hurt most of his senior season, coupled with the other things he’s said make me think the opposite. We’ll see in 3 years though.
Hopefully we'll be in the playoff and it'll be a moot point.😂

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
In the two weeks following the conclusion of the Early Signing Period, four Football Bowl Subdivision programs changed their head coaches, affecting 61 prospects who had already signed their letters of intent. In spite of the fallout from those situations, those prospects surveyed at this year’s All-American Bowl were still largely in favor of the Early Signing Period.
“It depends on who you ask. I don’t go to a school because of the coaches; I go because I like the school and I feel like it fit me. For me, it doesn’t scare me too much. You should know that going in, and you should be fine.”
-Rivals

Crouch strike anyone else of a guy who sits out a bowl game?...
Strikes me as the type of guy who will always be nicked up and rarely go through live practice. Iverson type who has always been so much more physically gifted than his competition that he excelled without working at it. If so, could be interesting how CJP manages him. Is CJP a "if you don't practice you don't play on Saturday " type?

Strikes me as the type of guy who will always be nicked up and rarely go through live practice. Iverson type who has always been so much more physically gifted than his competition that he excelled without working at it. If so, could be interesting how CJP manages him. Is CJP a "if you don't practice you don't play on Saturday " type?
So many weird and unsupported assumptions in this post.

The wave function has collapsed

iu
Excellent reference and one that I greatly appreciate being a physics joke.

Reactions: StoVol
“He’s going to be unreal,” said Sam Griner, who coached Crouch for three years at Harding University in Charlotte.

“Inside linebacker or doing some things off the edge in situational football. He’s special. Just watch.”

Griner witnessed Crouch’s abilities first-hand at Harding, where the 6-foot-2, 237-pound Tennessee signee starred at tailback and linebacker for the Rams. In their run to the state championship in 2017, Crouch had 42 tackles and 14 sacks in a situational role on defense.

Schools across the country allowed Crouch to pick his position in college, and the Charlotte native settled on linebacker in hopes of furthering his NFL dreams. After weighing his options, Tennessee’s 3-4 scheme was a perfect fit for Crouch's skill-set, as the Vols plan to utilize the All-American at both inside and outside ‘backer.

“Q believes he can’t fail with Pruitt in his corner,” Griner said.

“Pruitt has the ability to look in your eyes and say, ‘Look. You want to be in the foxhole with you. I’m going to make sure you become great.’”

While Crouch doesn’t have a ton of experience playing in the box at middle linebacker, Griner said Tennessee’s staff believes he compares favorably to former Alabama linebackers Dont’a Hightower and C.J. Mosely. Like their plans for JJ Peterson, the Vols hope to move Crouch around the defense, depending on the formation or situation.

"That’s exactly who (Pruitt) compared Q to,” Griner said. “He looks at him just like a Hightower. He is so good. I’m trying to tell you.”

Crouch sat out Wednesday’s practice at the All-American Bowl with a shoulder stinger, but on Day 1 in Texas the 4-star athlete made his presence felt during a spirited (and live) run-fit drill in full pads.

“Yesterday he went five plays inside and destroyed people,” Griner said.

“He’s the best natural tackler you’ll see. He has explosion ability of those running backs but he’s a large, large man. His knowledge of the game, wanting to learn.

"He’s a perfect fit for Pruitt and that defense.”
-VQ

VN Store

Back