'19 AL WR George Pickens (UGA signee)

Nah it’s just like be a little knowledgeable before you go on record. We have yachts pull up to the football stadium, Auburn has frat parties in trailer parks and throw toilet paper on trees. And he said Tennessee, not Knoxville. Which means he has no clue of cities like Nashville or Memphis
He's a kid from AL who's clearly not spent much time in Tennessee. And he's answering questions at an all star game check in. He's not running for office. My goodness.

Nah it’s just like be a little knowledgeable before you go on record. We have yachts pull up to the football stadium, Auburn has frat parties in trailer parks and throw toilet paper on trees. And he said Tennessee, not Knoxville. Which means he has no clue of cities like Nashville or Memphis
And then there is also the part that he’s a teenager. Not a well travelled, well polished adult.

And then there is also the part that he’s a teenager. Not a well travelled, well polished adult.
Kid has been a high level recruit since 10th grade. I’m sure his travels have lapped most of his classmates. I don’t give a sh*t I’m all for him playing in Knoxville. Comment just made him sound pretty shallow, I’d understand if he wasn’t from the south. Technically from a state that is on par with Mississippi & Arkansas

Reactions: PA Vol
I thought it was LSU. He'll probably end up at Auburn because he can find anywhere else he likes.

Would have been a flip on early signing day but LSU did not give him a committable offer i.e. grades, see how it works out between now and signing day. If I were to guess unless something changes he probably won't be at LSU but he does have the ability. (Potential rolling of the dice on qualifying from what I was told) Also, LSU still has Lee on their board and they will give him a shot at WR, although they like him at S.

Just remember a player really doesn't even need to sign, if the school has not used all their signing spots... they simply can just show up. Leaving a few spots does have some advantages, or could.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
The consensus opinion Saturday evening was the 5-star Auburn wideout commit George Pickens was the alpha of Day 1. The 6-4 wideout dominated 1-on-1 drills, running excellent routes and showing smooth speed and physicality. He was a mismatch nightmare during red zone drills. Tennessee is among those in the mix for Pickens, with the 5-star receiver telling VolQuest yesterday that Jeremy Pruitt’s ties to Hoover High give the Vols a real shot.
VQ

If we're changing up the offense, we need a receiver like Pickens-- but it's going to be tough to get him qualified.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If we're changing up the offense, we need a receiver like Pickens-- but it's going to be tough to get him qualified.[/QUOTE

Same thing was said about JJ Peterson last year and he made it in. Granted, not in time to help us this year, but still made it in. If we get the OC from Ok St, that could be a big draw to a receiver like that and I believe he’s even said Pruitt’s ties to Hoover HS are a plus for UT. Starting to believe we have a shot here.

According to several people, including Hoover HS, his grades are in shambles and he is currently in an ACT prep class. He is a take for any school, but well may be headed to JUCO.

Reactions: volboro

VN Store

Back