pray for my wife

They've been letting her have solid food today, and she's been eating a little bit and holding it down. That's earlier than what they first said, which was 4 days. They also got her up and walked her around the hallway. The Dr said she's amazed at how well she's doing. Thank you all so much for praying and thinking about her.

I also want to share this, I put it on facebook because of how touching it was. While we were in pre-op Monday, I heard another family beside us. It was all just separated by curtains. You couldn't help but hear people, and the curtain was open when they came in, so you could see who it was. A dad, mom, and 19 year old (he told me her age), and the young girl having surgery. I noticed him praying for her right before they took her. Being a Christian, I did focus in on his prayer, and was moved by it. Later I saw the parents in the waiting room, and went to tell him I couldn't help but overhear his prayer, and just felt like telling him how moving it was. As I was telling him, he asked why I was there, and as soon as I told him, he grabbed me and immediately began praying for her, followed by his wife getting my other hand. He wasn'tloud, and I doubt anyone but me heard him cause he was praying low. Just grabbed my hand and said, Father in the mighty name of Jesus, and began praying for my wife. Here's what got me, in a moment when I'm sure they're concerned, they were completely selfless towards me a complete stranger, and absolutely made me feel like they truly cared about my wife, and family. Sorry so long, but I say that to say this, to me, that's what being a Christian is. Making others feel like God, and them truly care. Just an inspiring moment for me. I hope I can make someone feel that way sometime.

I also want to share this, I put it on facebook because of how touching it was. While we were in pre-op Monday, I heard another family beside us. It was all just separated by curtains. You couldn't help but hear people, and the curtain was open when they came in, so you could see who it was. A dad, mom, and 19 year old (he told me her age), and the young girl having surgery. I noticed him praying for her right before they took her. Being a Christian, I did focus in on his prayer, and was moved by it. Later I saw the parents in the waiting room, and went to tell him I couldn't help but overhear his prayer, and just felt like telling him how moving it was. As I was telling him, he asked why I was there, and as soon as I told him, he grabbed me and immediately began praying for her, followed by his wife getting my other hand. He wasn'tloud, and I doubt anyone but me heard him cause he was praying low. Just grabbed my hand and said, Father in the mighty name of Jesus, and began praying for my wife. Here's what got me, in a moment when I'm sure they're concerned, they were completely selfless towards me a complete stranger, and absolutely made me feel like they truly cared about my wife, and family. Sorry so long, but I say that to say this, to me, that's what being a Christian is. Making others feel like God, and them truly care. Just an inspiring moment for me. I hope I can make someone feel that way sometime.
boom! Awesome story.

You already do Joe.

Wish I could like this more than once.

The preacher that befriended me, of the church i got saved in told me very early on that it was a horrible thing to tell someone that you would pray for them and not do so. He said that person believes that you are going to speak to the architect of our universe on their behalf, to ask for help. They are counting on you. Honestly, it scared me a little as i was a young man at the time. He told me a very simple truth...the best way to make sure that doesnt happen is to grab their hand etc. Right then and there and pray WITH them instead of for them. I really took that to heart, and have tried to live that way. You dont need flowery, eloquent prayers to talk to God. Just sincerity and love.

I have long said of OC, and others who have prayed for my family:

The kindest thing one man, or woman, can do for another is to sincerely pray for them.

Many times we cannot help eachother much with burdens, but the Maker of Heaven and Earth can truly help anyone, with anything. Its an act of love to ask for His help for another. Prayers sent tonight Joe. Appreciate you brother.

I saw that. It's incredibly moving when someone does that for a complete stranger. God works in mysterious ways.

The preacher that befriended me, of the church i got saved in told me very early on that it was a horrible thing to tell someone that you would pray for them and not do so. He said that person believes that you are going to speak to the architect of our universe on their behalf, to ask for help. They are counting on you. Honestly, it scared me a little as i was a young man at the time. He told me a very simple truth...the best way to make sure that doesnt happen is to grab their hand etc. Right then and there and pray WITH them instead of for them. I really took that to heart, and have tried to live that way. You dont need flowery, eloquent prayers to talk to God. Just sincerity and love.

I have long said of OC, and others who have prayed for my family:

The kindest thing one man, or woman, can do for another is to sincerely pray for them.

Many times we cannot help eachother much with burdens, but the Maker of Heaven and Earth can truly help anyone, with anything. Its an act of love to ask for His help for another. Prayers sent tonight Joe. Appreciate you brother.
I'm a firm believer in the that advice. I would extend it to online too. I always try, whenever I tell someone online that I'm going to pray for them, whether it's here or Facebook or wherever to put the phone down and say a prayer right then and there. Even if I don't know the specific details, He does.

Quick update. First, thank you all again so much for the thoughts and prayers for my wife, and asking about her. Special touch from @volwindy for the snoopy hug! Second, we're going home! She has far exceeded expectations! It went from at least 7 days, to at least Saturday, to now we're about to leave! Again, thanks to all of you. Message board or not, love you guys.

Quick update. First, thank you all again so much for the thoughts and prayers for my wife, and asking about her. Special touch from @volwindy for the snoopy hug! Second, we're going home! She has far exceeded expectations! It went from at least 7 days, to at least Saturday, to now we're about to leave! Again, thanks to all of you. Message board or not, love you guys.
WHAT??????? God is good!!!!

Not letting up on the prayers Joe.

Wonderful news Joe!

A few on here know, but my wife has lupus, and has lots of trouble with it. We go to Atlanta in the morning for surgery. Her main problem, and the most they've been concerned with for a while is her kidneys being damaged because her bladder is basically dead. She's had no feeling in it for a few years, and they've tried a couple different things, but she's still having reflux into her kidneys. Tomorrow she is having her bladder removed, and will have a bag the rest of her life. She'll be in the hospital till at least the weekend, but with her health we're worried she may end up there at Christmas. She's very self conscious about it, and just depressed. I know we have some folks who really do pray, and think about each other, despite being just a message board. God knows I'd take this in a second if I could, so she wouldn't be sick. Volnation is my group therapy, where I spend time to relieve my stress. If you get a chance, just remember her and my kids in the morning.
I'm just now seeing this. I hope she's doing better brother. I swear it isn't fair. If you feel like talking just PM me your number or I'll send you mine.I want to help in any way I can brother. Just inbox me when you can. Love you Hoss

I'm just now seeing this. I hope she's doing better brother. I swear it isn't fair. If you feel like talking just PM me your number or I'll send you mine.I want to help in any way I can brother. Just inbox me when you can. Love you Hoss
706 894 6031. I'm usually up and working, but anytime brother. It may take an hour to answer, but I appreciate you and your family fighting for your wife. I promise I haven't forgotten about her.

All guys, send your nudies!

Especially if you have GA tatts.

7f73b0393b5d9ba0fda4c5fb65139534.jpg

VN Store

Back