'19 TN DE Joseph Anderson (SC signee)

We aren't good enough to turn kids like this away. I understand this staff's expectations and realize guy's like Eboigbe are better, but you have to build the program up from scratch right now and the heavy hitters just aren't interested in being a part of this when Bama and others are more than willing to have them. We have to start somewhere and it can't be from scrounging for scraps in the bottom of the recruiting barrel in January.

We aren't good enough to turn kids like this away. I understand this staff's expectations and realize guy's like Eboigbe are better, but you have to build the program up from scratch right now and the heavy hitters just aren't interested in being a part of this when Bama and others are more than willing to have them. We have to start somewhere and it can't be from scrounging for scraps in the bottom of the recruiting barrel in January.
So glad we got Wanya. Don't tell him he's not a heavy hitter.

Obviously we have some great players. He alone isn't going to turn it around. Our DL outlook isn't good.
You said we weren't good enough to get the great players so we should continue recruiting the ones in the middle like Butch...play it safe. I'm glad they went after players like Wanya, and I really like the players we got. Of course we need about 30 more, but it will take time.

Last edited:
Let us not forget that a rating doesn't always match the coaching staff's evaluation of a recruit's ability and how it meets team needs.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
VQ

The defensive end board is much more baron, though. The Vols swung for Joseph Anderson (South Carolina) and Justin Ebogibe (Alabama) in the last week, with both showing legitimate interest in potential flips. Pruitt and two other Tennessee coaches spent nearly the entire day Friday in Murfreesboro recruiting Anderson. They had lots of 1-on-1 time with the Oakland DE and visited with both parents at work. After basically avoiding the staff for a few days, Pruitt & Co., wouldn’t take no for an answer. Pruitt made separate trips to see both parents at their place of employment and in the end, the family was very open to Anderson flipping to Tennessee. But ultimately, Joseph opted to stick will the school who believed in him first. It wasn’t an easy decision, though, as Tennessee was in contact with Anderson up until he signed with Carolina.

I believe this kid troll the staff due to the times he wanted to commit but we wouldn’t let him.

My thoughts too. Would think staff would be skeptical of him saying he will sign considering he wouldn't even visit. I think they probably hoped he would but figured he probably could screw them

Why not just take this kids commitment last Dec when he wanted to commit and then if a bigger fish comes a long cut him loose?

VN Store

Back