*****2019 Early Signing Day Thread, updated as the commits sign

I am curious if there is another under the radar type that will sign in the next day or two like Means. We have a ton of offers out there. Would be nice to see a LB or DE added. I think we are pretty set with OL, TE, WR, RB (Grey), DBs and DTs.

Sounds like we came close with these two.... the saying about horseshoes and hand grenades though.

Good. Was started to get worried.
You and me both. I don’t understand any recruit waiting if he knows his decision. Leaders don’t procrastinate. I can’t help but wonder what more we could get if every kid signed early and early in the day. These kids who signed today, well... they are starting off on the right foot.

I have decided to commit to Tennessee.
You should contact espn for a signing episode. You could be like that kid that announced he was going to Oregon and faxed papers. His family was celebrating hardcore. Only problem was Oregon never recruited him. That was golden.

Last edited:
Any possible surprises today?
I think all top hopefuls committed elsewhere. Means isn’t a huge surprise but reading he is 6’2” and was clocked running a 4.4. Was third on our board for WR guys who had not committed yet I think? I think keeping Fitz as SC was big and it looks like we didn’t lose anyone that we expected to sign yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadVol77
I am curious if there is another under the radar type that will sign in the next day or two like Means. We have a ton of offers out there. Would be nice to see a LB or DE added. I think we are pretty set with OL, TE, WR, RB (Grey), DBs and DTs.

I had never heard of us even recruiting Means. Maybe if he is really 4.4, we could plug him in as kick returner or on special teams, while he develops as a wide receiver.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Sounds like we came close with these two.... the saying about horseshoes and hand grenades though.

Those two would have been BIG time and made today a surprise. I am thankful to get all the early signatures that we got today.

If we get DW (OL), QC (LB), EG (RB) & CR (LB) and the ones who haven't signed sign we will finish around 12th in 247 rankings. That's pretty darn good with a 5-7 record. To me, DW, QC and EG are all HUGE needs so hopefully we get them on board. bama & the pups are just in a different league recruiting wise right now.

GO VOLS!!!

I think all top hopefuls committed elsewhere. Means isn’t a huge surprise but reading he is 6’2” and was clocked running a 4.4. Was third on our board for WR guys who had not committed yet I think? I think keeping Fitz as SC was big and it looks like we didn’t lose anyone that we expected to sign yet.

Seriously, especially with all the turnover in strength and conditioning. 1 per year for the last 5 years if memory serves. I wasn't actually worried about losing him, until I found out he was a Maryland alum. Glad we were able to keep him.

You and me both. I don’t understand any recruit waiting if he knows his decision. Leaders don’t procrastinate. I can’t help but wonder what more we could get if every kid signed early and early in the day. These kids who signed today, well... they are starting off on the right foot.

They have to wait for grades. And I don't know about most high schools, but my H.S. senior is in the middle of mid-terms, so they don't want the signing day ceremony distraction during the school day.

I had never heard of us even recruiting Means. Maybe if he is really 4.4, we could plug him in as kick returner or on special teams, while he develops as a wide receiver.
Not a bad idea. Let’s just not get the kid killed lol. The sport has had some really good surprises at WR. I think if we get our OL issues fixed, JG puts plenty of balls where any receiver with any sort of hands can catch them and we have a very very good WR coach to coach these kids up. At 6’2” with 4.4 speed, ya neva know.

VN Store

Back