Tennessee Inks the Nations Top Softball Class

Amazingly enough, we did this in spite of having no Offensive Coordinator.

200w.gif

Please please please, please Santa...leave us three or four power hitters under the tree. :) It's not that I don't enjoy playing with all the slappers you've brought us in the past, but maybe we could add a little bitty bit of variety to the presents you bring. :)

Thanks again Santa...I didn't leave any cookies...you know...'cause of that diet thing... but check out the egg nog...I added a little "spice" just for you! ;)

PS Ooooo, ooooo, ooooo, Anna Hazelwood come on down!!!!! :) :) :)

Last edited:
Everyone is wondering what the offense is going to look like this season with the loss of Gregg and Vines. This group is really going to help us when they arrive two seasons from now. I wish some of them could play this season.

First year I remember in a while that we have 4 pitchers arriving. Also hard to believe we do not have anyone from Georgia or California. Pitching does win games and power hitting will make the pitchers better. Cant wait to flash some leather for softball and baseball.

First year I remember in a while that we have 4 pitchers arriving. Also hard to believe we do not have anyone from Georgia or California. Pitching does win games and power hitting will make the pitchers better. Cant wait to flash some leather for softball and baseball.

It would be nice if McDaniel could do something really impressive with this amount of talent.

It would be nice if McDaniel could do something really impressive with this amount of talent.
Gosh how can I forget our pitching coach!!! We will see but I really don't know why our pitchers seem to go backward in many cases. I have heard and that is all I know that sometimes Ralph may do like Botch did and get too many cooks in the kitchen. No one was more disappointed that Gabby went straight down hill once she got on campus. The top ranked pitcher in all the land imploded! I hope she does well at OSU and we may know more when we get in the tournament with her new team in the early spring.

Giddy about this class but don't understand 2 things:
1. Why it took a month to announce it, especially w/ the No. 1 class; would think it's something they'd want to proclaim ASAP. All other top-10 programs announced their signing classes 2-4 weeks ago.
2. Honors are listed but no stats...many fans like to see signees' HS numbers.

Even though we lost top-35 commit Nyomi Jones to Ole Miss, obviously a fantastic job of recruiting by the Weeklys!

Last edited:
1. Why it took a month to announce it, especially w/ the No. 1 class; would think it's something they'd want to proclaim ASAP. All other top-10 programs announced their signing classes 2-4 weeks ago.

Even though we lost top-35 commit Nyomi Jones to Ole Miss, obviously a fantastic job of recruiting by the Weeklys!
All things considered that is the Tennessee way!

Re: HS stats... they don’t mean much if anything. HS ball in TN is not very good. There are good players sprinkled throughout the state but very few have more than 2-3 legit D1 kids on any given team. If you wanna see their stats, get a Game Changer account and find their travel team. That will give you an idea of how they compete when playing against other talented kids/ pitchers.

Reactions: tnburban
Please please please, please Santa...leave us three or four power hitters under the tree. :) It's not that I don't enjoy playing with all the slappers you've brought us in the past, but maybe we could add a little bitty bit of variety to the presents you bring. :)

Thanks again Santa...I didn't leave any cookies...you know...'cause of that diet thing... but check out the egg nog...I added a little "spice" just for you! ;)

PS Ooooo, ooooo, ooooo, Anna Hazelwood come on down!!!!! :) :) :)
Im gonna say Anna and Caitlyn are our best bet and btw, I feel exactly like you do.

I wonder if the speedy player from California who switched to Ole Ms was told we are trying to be power team rather than speed.

VN Store

Back