Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LA Vol
I know this is old, but I read a lot of your posts and they are very solid. My question to you is do you think Pruitt is adapting his previous offensive philosophy stance given the candidates he is looking at?
From another post you made it sound like Pruitt had an air it out guy in Helton already. What would be the difference with a guy like Yurcich or others? Just personality fit?
Jmo, but this hire is a lot less about style, and A LOT more about fit. If style was so important we wouldn't have interviewed guys like freeze it briles or yurcich.

Personality wise they all seem to also have that "alpha" quality, so you might read in to that some as well, as to what he wants from an OC.

If he just wants a yes Man that will run the plays Pruitt wants we'd of just hired a warm body--like Gus did at Auburn.

At this point I think it's probably safe to say fit is definitely very high on the priority list, and is probably the primary reason why it hasn't been done quickly.

Reactions: feathersax
Tuesday brought literally no news on the Tennessee offensive coordinator front. The lack of news certainly gives thought to the idea that Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich is not going to end up in Vol orange.

Now, we don’t have anyone telling us that the possibility is completely dead, but it’s been five days since Yurcich interviewed for the job. And with each passing day the possibility seems to grow less likely meaning either Yurcich wants to stay in Stillwater or Jeremy Pruitt is not pursuing him very hard.

So the obvious question is if Yurcich is not the choice then where is Pruitt’s search heading next.

Pruitt interviewed Kendal Briles and Jeff Lebby on Friday as well, but multiple sources have told Volquest that Yurcich was the most impressive of the three.

Briles has been thought to be headed to Florida State, but that deal hasn’t gotten done and sources have told us that Briles is not a factor with the Vols. It’s also be said to Volquest that Lebby has told people he’s not heading to Rocky Top.

So as Tennessee’s official search for an offensive coordinator enters day 16, the two questions are where is the search going and what is timetable? Thats if there even is one with the early signing date a week from today.

VQ

One thought process that I know happens in Basketball is to “hire” your coach and let them recruit without officially bringing them in, which would give us an extra coach that be out on the road if this makes sense.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Is Kurrott Garlands brother a possibility as a PWO? I know the staff liked his ability earlier this year. Seems to want to attend UT and give his all. Just wondering if anyone had any information there.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back