Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas

Sis-wrong

You got the game you thought the ladies needed a nip tuck game they had to pull out with playing level headed and hitting free throws (for the most part) and Meme was awesome and Ms. Westbrook is growing up in front of our eyes! I think Jaz and Jordan will make her game that much better! Because while she wants the ball in her hands she won’t be worn down as much if they can provide her some relief.

So that nip tuck game of 3-4 points and win should also help this team grow.

Besides impressive will to win by these ladies I think Rennia was pressing during the game having to sit out. I don’t always love the 2 foul rule especially when I it was Davis and London but I think it was a good wake up call for Davis that she just can’t charge in and she is valued on the floor! But to her credit she wanted that 3 point shot and it was ALL net like the kind of all net that it looks like someone throwing a rock into water that’s how the net swished 😎

Last edited:
The Vols also holding their own versus the #1 team in the country on ESPN lets make it an orange wave!

You got the game you thought the ladies needed a nip tuck game they had to pull out with playing level headed and hitting free throws (for the most part) and Meme was awesome and Ms. Westbrook is growing up in front of our eyes! I think Jaz and Jordan will make her game that much better! Because while she wants the ball in her hands she won’t be worn down as much if they can provide her some relief.

So that nip tuck game of 3-4 points and win should also help this team grow.

This type of "team" is the type of group that needs to go into the SEC season and post season.
Never let em see you sweat

Great play by Meme and Westbrook, otherwise no one else really showed up to play. Davis hit a clutch three, but she was no show for much of the game. Still, have to give credit to the guards for pushing and attacking. Westbrook continues to get better; I'd have her shoot the three more often.
I also get excited while watching a game and mutter (to myself) - Were you to review your comments on this game thread and ask yourself why did you primarily put your fingers to the keyboard to rant about mistakes and seldom celebrate good play?

I also get excited while watching a game and mutter (to myself) - Were you to review your comments on this game thread and ask yourself why did you primarily put your fingers to the keyboard to rant about mistakes and seldom celebrate good play?
we definitely had some big mental lapses today, but I agree that I'm too critical in the moment.

We must give Holly credit for this victory. We were not predictable on offense, our freshmen played like veterans, Jackson and Westbrooke were vocal leaders and we played like we wanted it. Holly, this is a very good game plan now the trick is to maintain this level of play. Outstanding play Lady Vols!!!

Agreed but the effort is there which we couldn’t always say that the last couple of seasons!

Better to see improvement in a win if a loss happened we would have over 500+ messages in this thread.
Yes I expect to win this game. We beat them last year. Much more effort this year no doubt.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Huge shout out to Kam and MeMe for holding down the post defense in the first half, kept Collier and White in check when London went out. I told y'all all Kam needed was time to adjust, she's been giving us some crucial minutes.
Agreed...I hope she continues to grow...we'll need that...Great job today LADIES 👍🙂

We must give Holly credit for this victory. We were not predictable on offense, our freshmen played like veterans, Jackson and Westbrooke were vocal leaders and we played like we wanted it. Holly, this is a very good game plan now the trick is to maintain this level of play. Outstanding play Lady Vols!!!

Yes! Good job of coaching Holly!

Yes I expect to win this game. We beat them last year. Much more effort this year no doubt.

I didn’t know what to expect. A young team on their home floor ... I was not necessarily worried as much as I was watching to see how the team responded in a high profile game. Also, I wanted to see if leadership would rise to the top and how we would deal with adversity and it is a check mark in both columns.

I didn’t know what to expect. A young team on their home floor ... I was not necessarily worried as much as I was watching to see how the team responded in a high profile game. Also, I wanted to see if leadership would rise to the top and how we would deal with adversity and it is a check mark in both columns.
Players like Collins make the difference. We had nobody like her last year. Tough and unselfish

Loved the outcome! A lot of things to clean up, but that is expected from a young team. I think Westbrook is a little stiff in her hips, which causes her to not move on defense like she should. Rae Burrell, I think is gonna be a star. She goes and gets the ball. Her offensive game will come, but if she would just do what she does, rebound and play good defense, she'll get more minutes. Zae has something special! She just has to slow down and let it come to her. MiMi shows glimpses of what she can do. An overall great class! The future looks Grand! Go Lady Vols!

VN Store

Back