Jalen Hurts and Dan Enos (please)

As more time passes, it looking more and more unlikely that Freeze will be OC.

Wouldn't Enos be a good candidate, especially if he brings Hurts? Hurts will obliviously be using his grad transfer and why wouldn't he come along with Enos if he comes. I suspect Enos would be as good a recruiter as Freeze, and has to be better than Helton was. Maybe not as good of a play caller as Freeze, but who really knows.

Hurts won't sit another year behind Tua, and won't have anything left to prove at Bama. Plus he could really raise his stock by seeing UT offense get rolling with him leading. He would automatically make the OL better (Freshman and all) with his elusiveness and running ability.
Enos would be a great hire, even sans Hurts. Watch the 2016 Ark/Ole Miss game. He called an amazing game and had Ark's smash mouth smashing mouths. I would be excited to get him if Freeze falls through.

I just asked if you had evidence, I don't usually accept someone declaring suckitude without evidence.
Guess me posting his HC record wasn't evidence? You could look at Arkansas record when he was there too it's not that good either but I forgot you don't count that as evidence

Everyone who thinks Enos is good give reasons why cause his past results don't look good at all

You post his HC record to prove that he sucks as a OC? And the team's w/l record while he was there? Neither is a good indicator of a OC. You're being incredibly short-sighted. He's a good OC. His schemes are solid and he calls games well.

You post his HC record to prove that he sucks as a OC? And the team's w/l record while he was there? Neither is a good indicator of a OC. You're being incredibly short-sighted. He's a good OC. His schemes are solid and he calls games well.
He does it so well he was demoted to QB coach!

He does it so well he was demoted to QB coach!

I don't think you know what "demoted" means. "Demoted" means that he was doing a job and his boss gave him lesser responsibilities. I think what you mean is that his HC was fired and as part pf that staff, he lost his job and took another.

I won't argue the points with you, but I will restate. You're arguing proofs that are associative and not causative. His skillset as a head coach don't necessarily reflect his quality as a OC and his quality as an OC don't singularly define the win/loss records of the teams he OCed for, nor the overall retention of his HC/boss. You'll need to dissect his schemes, player development, playcalling, etc to speak directly to his quality as a OC. I suspect you can't speak at that level of specificity, which is why you're harping on red herrings.

If Freeze doesn't work out, Enos + Hurts would be more than an acceptable consolation.

If there are any unhappy linemen, we'll take them too.

So let's do this, hurts and Enos come over then we win 10 games next year then hurts graduates and then in 2020 we have another 5-7 season bc our O line was masked yet again by a mobile QB and everyone in here will want CJP to be fired

So let's do this, hurts and Enos come over then we win 10 games next year then hurts graduates and then in 2020 we have another 5-7 season bc our O line was masked yet again by a mobile QB and everyone in here will want CJP to be fired
If Pruitt is the recruiter and developer he is made out to be, it should only need to be masked for another year or 2. The O-line should get better in year 2 and be a decent group in year 3. Problem with Butch, was he had Dobbs and never developed the oline he had and the ones behind them. Theres a big difference.

And by your logic, dont have a qb to help out a struggling Oline and folks will want him fired next year after 5-7? Im confused on how it wouldnt help. Now. If you just dont like the idea, thats a different story and have no problem with that. Go vols anyway!

If Pruitt is the recruiter and developer he is made out to be, it should only need to be masked for another year or 2. The O-line should get better in year 2 and be a decent group in year 3. Problem with Butch, was he had Dobbs and never developed the oline he had and the ones behind them. Theres a big difference.
He needs to replace everyone on the team and that takes more than two years... Not only that the more jr college people he recruits to fill in the more he has to get from high school to set him up for success later on down the road...

Reactions: FLVOL69
And by your logic, dont have a qb to help out a struggling Oline and folks will want him fired next year after 5-7? Im confused on how it wouldnt help. Now. If you just dont like the idea, thats a different story and have no problem with that. Go vols anyway!
O line should make a significant improvement next year or the O line coach needs to be fired it's not Pruitts fault that the O line coach can't teach these kids how to block the person in front of them...

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I was pretty impressed with Hurts, in the SEC Championship game. He still has the wheels, and he was accurate, downfield.
Would I like him as my QB at UT. Hell yeah! But, that is an irrelevant thought. He would never come here, to forever run for his life, behind the worst offensive line in the SEC. No run game, and a little more than paper defense, that collapses late in games.
Freeze? I'd have him. We've got to gamble. Would he come here. Hell no! Why would he want to run our offense? No talent, in the most important places. Small and weak o-line. Big and slow receivers. One good RB, who is too small to carry the load. Plus, no real prospect of a good QB to run this train-wreck of an offense.

Reactions: chrismc1000
He needs to replace everyone on the team and that takes more than two years... Not only that the more jr college people he recruits to fill in the more he has to get from high school to set him up for success later on down the road...
Yeah, so what wrong with putting a guy on the field to have a little success to help with replacing those guys..

Yeah, so what wrong with putting a guy on the field to have a little success to help with replacing those guys..
You need more people with more eligibility than not to establish a great program. Jr college kids are kids that fill in for a year or two then they leave. They are short term fixes and we need more long term fixes

You need more people with more eligibility than not to establish a great program. Jr college kids are kids that fill in for a year or two then they leave. They are short term fixes and we need more long term fixes
There was a reason we brought in a grad transfer last year and would not turn Hurts away, i promise.

There was a reason we brought in a grad transfer last year and would not turn Hurts away, i promise.
I wouldn't turn hurts away either that would help JG or hopefully the new freshman qb we get this year cause we need it. But more long term players are def better for the team than short

I would absolutely love to have Hurts here, he'd be a clear upgrade at the QB position plus would provide the running ability that's necessary with our attrocious offensive line (much like Dobbs had to do during his time here). I'd be ok with hiring Enos, but would prefer Briles. Don't think that's going to happen though. Even though Enos is another Alabama guy, he'd be a solid hire which would avoid any embarrassment to the program (such as the last HC search debacle).

Don't let us choose a bama assistant. We have to be more creative than that. Being successful as an assistant at bama isn't indicative of how good of a coach a guy is. Name an assistant at bama that doesn't look good. The talent and culture is so good there you don't know what you're getting (Pruitt included to an extent but he had been a successful assistant elsewhere).
The other issue is that saban typically gets his assistants to stay on board through the end of the season. And we need our oc in place asap. There are offensive recruits that are waiting to see who we get. I was worried when we hired fulmer that he'd go the uncreative route and do exactly what he did (value hire that's from our arch rival). Hopefully Pruitt will go in another direction.

Don't let us choose a bama assistant. We have to be more creative than that. Being successful as an assistant at bama isn't indicative of how good of a coach a guy is. Name an assistant at bama that doesn't look good. The talent and culture is so good there you don't know what you're getting (Pruitt included to an extent but he had been a successful assistant elsewhere).
The other issue is that saban typically gets his assistants to stay on board through the end of the season. And we need our oc in place asap. There are offensive recruits that are waiting to see who we get. I was worried when we hired fulmer that he'd go the uncreative route and do exactly what he did (value hire that's from our arch rival). Hopefully Pruitt will go in another direction.

I had tried to have this in a separate thread. My point is hopefully we'll avoid choosing an assistant from an already established/successful program such as bama and find a guy that has proven to be successful on his own.
It's a different subject matter than the qbs coach/Jalen hurts combo.

If you are Hurts why leave. He is never going to be a NFL QB.
This didn't age well lol, 2nd round pick. Sorry its pouring rain today, the COvid, and I'm watching my granddaughter inside and sooooo bored!
I remembered this statement last year by you @BigOrangeTrain, et al and I made a mental to note to dredge up after draft day for Lock and Hurts both.
LOL. He want get drafted as a QB. I didn’t say he wouldn’t be in the NFL.He wouldn’t be the 1st. Antwan Randle El what position did he play in the NFL.
Wont get drafted or Maybe walking back your previous statement?
Lock is better
By 11 picks in the draft? OK you got us. But all that SEC glory got Lock nothing in the 1rst round. Utah State had a 1rst round pick.
Well we will have to agree to disagree. Not that it is the end all but I don't see that Lock has or will be mentioned as a Heisman Candidate so advantage Hurts. Hurts SEC Player of the year and lock made first team, National Champion, Conference champ, leading team in high pressure games, and Locks answer is his team is a .500 team at best and he competed in one bowl with a loss. Hurts hands down a Better overall athlete and reading defenses in my opinion but Lock is a better pure passer but I'll give Jalen Hurts the keys to an SEC offense all day long over Lock. I hate the BUMMERS with the best of them but Hurts is a baller and winner.
NFL likes winners see the Jordan Love Utah state reference above...
Hurts will not transfer. He is now a Bama legend and they will do everything possible to ready him for the NFL even if he never plays another snap of college ball. Hurts to UTK is 10x more of a pipe dream than Freeze. Plus if makes us look bad that we have fans pining for Bama back up qb. Stop it.
Hindsight but it seemed to have worked out when he did go to the Sooners for some tutelage from Riley. IDK if he would have been 2 nd round pick after sitting behind Tua last year but maybe?
Again sorry not sorry for draggin out this old thread but we all make asinine statements of fact in the moment and it takes a bored VN poster to go back and call you out. You're welcome!:cool: Happy thursday! Now go find some of my stupid comments.

This didn't age well lol, 2nd round pick. Sorry its pouring rain today, the COvid, and I'm watching my granddaughter inside and sooooo bored!
I remembered this statement last year by you @BigOrangeTrain, et al and I made a mental to note to dredge up after draft day for Lock and Hurts both.

Wont get drafted or Maybe walking back your previous statement?
By 11 picks in the draft? OK you got us. But all that SEC glory got Lock nothing in the 1rst round. Utah State had a 1rst round pick.

NFL likes winners see the Jordan Love Utah state reference above...

Hindsight but it seemed to have worked out when he did go to the Sooners for some tutelage from Riley. IDK if he would have been 2 nd round pick after sitting behind Tua last year but maybe?
Again sorry not sorry for draggin out this old thread but we all make asinine statements of fact in the moment and it takes a bored VN poster to go back and call you out. You're welcome!:cool: Happy thursday! Now go find some of my stupid comments.

I said as a QB. He did get drafted but how much QB will he play. Time will tell.

VN Store

Back