Legal advice

volforlife04

I’m needing some legal advice on divorce. If anyone can help, let me know and we can exchange email addresses. Thanks

Last edited:
I’m needing some legal advise on divorce. If anyone can help, let me know and we can exchange email addresses. Thanks
Buy the best divorce lawyer you can afford. You're getting ready to go down a road that is not any fun and will be ugly, oh and cost you a fortune unless your wife was the bread winner, then it'll only be very very expensive.

Reactions: BearCat204
In a short summary, we’ve been married for a year and a half. She’s been in school and hasn’t contributed but very little towards anything.
SDV is an atty .... ClearwaterVol.... and a couple of more as well. Surely one will see your post

Just remember most of these attorneys know each other and they don't have your best interest in hand, especially if there is money involved! If the attorneys want to audit your income it's only to see what they can go after for themselves. BE CAREFUL. CHOOSE WISELY!

Family Law is the sh*TTiest form of law there is. Keep in mind it's just 2 people breaking up but somehow these arrogant idiots could screw up mud....and you'll pay for it.

If there’s no kids try working it between the two of you and get an uncontested divorce. It will save you lots of money.

My first wife and I realized after 2 years of marriage we were incompatible.we agreed how to split assets and went our separate ways for less than a thousand bucks

Thanks for the advice. No kids or anything. An uncontested divorce is what I’m aiming towards if I can get her to work with me.

Thanks for the advice. No kids or anything. An uncontested divorce is what I’m aiming towards if I can get her to work with me.

I hate to hear it but if you two can go the uncontested route, that's the best way. If she wants to hire an attorney, try to reason with her that you two can split your assets 2 ways or 3/4 ways.

Sorry you are in this situation. I went through a divorce 18 years ago. There were no kids and it was not contested. First thing I did was write down all my assets and debts both at the time of splitting and when we first got married. This included house, cars, savings accounts, retirement accounts. I then found a recommended female lawyer; female because my ex was biased against males (in my opinion).

Warning: divorce lawyers are expensive. Be prepared to be shocked at what they charge. Good luck.

Reactions: volforlife04
I have been married for 31 years as of yesterday, but divorced from my first wife 36 years ago. We were married for 10 years and she wanted out. We got an uncontested divorce (no kids), and the damage was $102.50...…$40 for the lawyer and $62.50 for the court filing.

We went to a lawyer's office in downtown Knox where we lived at the time. The lawyer was advertising the $40 uncontested divorce in the paper. We sat together at the table with the lawyer. When he said that will be $40, I reached in my billfold and said "here's my $20." I thought that I'll be damned if I'm paying for the whole thing since it wasn't my idea. She coughed up the other $20, and we then split the court filing fee. I saw her maybe twice after that, and it's been over 35 years now since the last sighting.

I have been married for 31 years as of yesterday, but divorced from my first wife 36 years ago. We were married for 10 years and she wanted out. We got an uncontested divorce (no kids), and the damage was $102.50...…$40 for the lawyer and $62.50 for the court filing.

We went to a lawyer's office in downtown Knox where we lived at the time. The lawyer was advertising the $40 uncontested divorce in the paper. We sat together at the table with the lawyer. When he said that will be $40, I reached in my billfold and said "here's my $20." I thought that I'll be damned if I'm paying for the whole thing since it wasn't my idea. She coughed up the other $20, and we then split the court filing fee. I saw her maybe twice after that, and it's been over 35 years now since the last sighting.
You guys must have really been in love .... here's my $20.....where's yours?.... ok.... gtfo

You guys must have really been in love .... here's my $20.....where's yours?.... ok.... gtfo
I was very much in love with her, but was also hurt and pissed about having to get a divorce that I didn't want. Another good story is that after she told me she didn't love me anymore (and she wasn't mad when she said it), I convinced her to go to a marriage counselor with me. The counselor talked to us individually , listened to my story and listened to hers, and talked to both of us together. After hearing both sides, he took me aside and told me that she didn't have anything bad to say about me ( I never was physically or verbally abusive, didn't drink, cheat, do drugs, was financially responsible, worked every day, etc. ) , but she just didn't want me anymore.

He told me " I have had many, many women in my office that would love to have a man like you. If I was you, I would move on." I did. I cut all ties, moved to a different town, and didn't look back.

Last edited:
I was very much in love with her, but was also hurt and pissed about having to get a divorce that I didn't want. Another good story is that after she told me she didn't love me anymore (and she wasn't mad when she said it), I convinced her to go to a marriage counselor with me. The counselor talked to us individually , listened to my story and listened to hers, and talked to both of us together. After hearing both sides, he took me aside and told me that she didn't have anything bad to say about me ( I never was physically or verbally abusive, didn't drink, cheat, do drugs, was financially responsible, worked every day, etc. ) , but she just didn't want me anymore.

Your story sounds a lot like mine, except no counseling. My ex told me she wanted to go back to an old boyfriend. I was hurt and then mad. After she left and 6 months later, she emailed me asking if we could reconcile. I told her that it was over and I didn't want to hear from her again. I've cut all ties. Can't say that I never looked back - mainly just kick myself for being stupid and wasting a lot of time in that relationship.

He told me " I have had many, many women in my office that would love to have a man like you. If I was you, I would move on." I did. I cut all ties, moved to a different town, and didn't look back.
That must have been very difficult..... and life changing

That must have been very difficult..... and life changing
I gave her the equity in the house. She took over payments. She kept her car and payment. I kept mine and payment. I let her keep all furniture , etc., and I loaded my clothes in my car and left town. Only afterward did I realize that I didn't even own a washer/dryer, rake, lawn mower, tools, etc. It was right before Christmas so I wasn't thinking lawn mower and yard equipment.

Yes, it was very difficult period for me, and very life changing. It has been 36 years, and it still bothers me on occasion. She was my college sweetheart, and we had a great marriage for 9-1/2 years. The last 6 months, she became distant, so she may have had someone else. I don't know.

I gave her the equity in the house. She took over payments. She kept her car and payment. I kept mine and payment. I let her keep all furniture , etc., and I loaded my clothes in my car and left town. Only afterward did I realize that I didn't even own a washer/dryer, rake, lawn mower, tools, etc. It was right before Christmas so I wasn't thinking lawn mower and yard equipment.

Yes, it was very difficult period for me, and very life changing. It has been 36 years, and it still bothers me on occasion. She was my college sweetheart, and we had a great marriage for 9-1/2 years. The last 6 months, she became distant, so she may have had someone else. I don't know.
And you never spoke again afterwards?
That's a huge shock to the system.... any idea what happened to her over the years?

VN Store

Back