Freeze to become HC at Liberty

giphy.gif

If he had any top notch OC choices that is a dumb decision on his part. It also tells me that something is coming out in the interview process that is especially damaging.
Makes perfect sense! I'm sure an evangelical Christian university would rush to hire someone who had a fresh scandal just about to break.

I am not really bothered by that at all. From what rumors we heard, Pruitt and Phil offered Freeze - at least for once we actually went after the top choice. We knew he was going to be a 1 or 2 year max but at least we were in the mix. Cant beat an HC position though. I am just glad he isnt going to another SEC school.

In the end, this didnt reflect badly on our admin or coaches (maybe the fans for getting crazy so fast). After Freeze told them to wait, then it looks like they went down the list to some others, all of which we have heard of are credible, solid choices - doing due diligence and background vetting, etc.

For one, I am just glad that this time around, the only craziness is coming from the fans.

Only thing is, if Freeze told us to wait, we should have given him a few days and let him know after few days our offer would be pulled and we would be moving on. 3 days would have been plenty of time for him to decide if he wanted Tn or not.

Why isn’t he going to Bama?

If we passed, Auburn passed, AND SABAN PASSED?!?

That tells me there is a lot more to his baggage than I know about.

Or Freeze had rather be a hc rather than oc even if not in sec. If he does good at Liberty he will get a chance in sec again probably sooner than he would being an oc

I read in a story the other day when this was first mentioned that this is a strict college. All has to sign contracts promising not to smoke, drink, and umm etc.

Kids are even prohibited from holding hands while walking across campus.

I contend that JS served his client very well.

I had a feeling Freeze might go there based on his faith being renewed. Plus like someone said above never underestimate what a man will do to save his family. This was the best choice for Freeze and his family IMO. He will probably have less distractions and have spiritual support while there.

Last edited:
If he had any top notch OC choices that is a dumb decision on his part. It also tells me that something is coming out in the interview process that is especially damaging.

Look at it through Hugh's eyes. He will have spiritual support there. His wife and family will probably be more comfortable at a Christian school. If his faith is really renewed then this makes sense. Like I said before it's not all about money, fame, power, and glory. He had all that at Ole Miss and apparently it didn't make him happy.

Personally, I didn't believe he was coming to UT. The bright side, he is not coaching at bama or any other SEC team (for the next year or two).

Reactions: trbonevol
Freeze goes to Liberty for a year or 2. By then, Malzahn is probably out. Guess who is in for that job?

VN Store

Back