Trying to be objective in all this noise

Due to Freeze's past indiscretions, some recruits parents would probably object to his presence on the UT staff..... On the other hand, his record against Saban ( the driving desire around here) may override the possible objections...

Truly, a to be or not to be situation....Hamlet doesn't know what to do either......
With that logic, Freeze can't be hired. The parents would also object to his presence on any staff. Alabama included.

Without Freeze we won’t be as good as we could have been...

Absolutely no way to substantiate this statement. If Hugh Freeze was a football savior, he'd be working for someone right now. He'd have been the first one off the board and sitting on a fat contract.

Also, why didn't an NFL or CFL team hire him last year?

I believe he is a good football coach, perhaps a great one, but he's certainly not the only one.

Many of you assume someone blocked the Freeze hire. More than likely he turned down the offer or is waiting for a better offer. He is probably holding out for a HC job. I would if I were him.

Anybody know who originally started freeze to tennessee?
I doubt he was on Pruitt list of top OCs

Believe me when i say dan wolken, who obviously is a demon, wouldve found any bit of info and twisted it to twice the proportion if freeze had anything else in the closet. Why is it so hard to accept freeze is basically a good person who made a personal mistake? He was basically cleared by the ncaa in wrongdoing. Barney farrar was given a show cause. Hell, everyone in memphis and north ms still love coach freeze, and if the ole miss fans had their way he would come back to ole miss. He has suffered immensely, and lost his dream job through all of this. He has paid the price and been forgiven. He has been out of coaching two years. When are people going to let his past be forgotten? Why would ut even put him through this? Did they enjoy kicking a man who has been down one more time? This has been a very bad pr move by ut administration. The fans' overwhelming favorite is freeze, and if ut offense sucks again next year with his new oc it will be on the head of whomever made the choice. Obviously, ut doesnt care about volnation interests, yet fulmer claims volnation is vital to ut.
Whether we like it or not, volnation is very far down his list of priorities. He has to worry about so many different things than us. But that was my point, how far was it actually along before it was squashed? We can speculate all we want but no one has any idea how far it was along

Fulmer says no, and then Saban says yes. Sounds about right. And then when Pruitt sees the success Bama has, when he brought Freeze to the table, I wonder what kind of resentment will set in?

Again, I’m not stuck on Freeze, I just want Pruitt to be the one hiring HIS coordinator. Fulmer trusted the guy enough to hire him, let him choose. If this ends up being a Fulmer guy, it’s gonna suck.

I’m just a little concerned about others at the university squashing what Pruitt can do. Again, I don’t know the situation and I could be dead wrong. I just want to see this go right for the sake of our program.
Everybody has bosses. Even Fulmer. As much as we would like, Pruitt can't just do whatever he wants

then Bama hires Freeze and he is now a choir boy, and they have an explosive offense and we look back and wish we had hired him.....yep that's about how I see it going

Fulmer says no, and then Saban says yes. Sounds about right. And then when Pruitt sees the success Bama has, when he brought Freeze to the table, I wonder what kind of resentment will set in?

Again, I’m not stuck on Freeze, I just want Pruitt to be the one hiring HIS coordinator. Fulmer trusted the guy enough to hire him, let him choose. If this ends up being a Fulmer guy, it’s gonna suck.

I’m just a little concerned about others at the university squashing what Pruitt can do. Again, I don’t know the situation and I could be dead wrong. I just want to see this go right for the sake of our program.

Well said, Fred. Doh! I mean gr82batnvol.

Believe me when i say dan wolken, who obviously is a demon, wouldve found any bit of info and twisted it to twice the proportion if freeze had anything else in the closet. Why is it so hard to accept freeze is basically a good person who made a personal mistake? He was basically cleared by the ncaa in wrongdoing. Barney farrar was given a show cause. Hell, everyone in memphis and north ms still love coach freeze, and if the ole miss fans had their way he would come back to ole miss. He has suffered immensely, and lost his dream job through all of this. He has paid the price and been forgiven. He has been out of coaching two years. When are people going to let his past be forgotten? Why would ut even put him through this? Did they enjoy kicking a man who has been down one more time? This has been a very bad pr move by ut administration. The fans' overwhelming favorite is freeze, and if ut offense sucks again next year with his new oc it will be on the head of whomever made the choice. Obviously, ut doesnt care about volnation interests, yet fulmer claims volnation is vital to ut.

Give me a break! I’ll never feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who breaks serious rules concerning teenage kids on purpose to gain an unfair advantage and then gets caught. He deserves to be humiliated. I know I would be humiliated in that situation and I would deserve it. I don’t think Freeze is a terrible person or deserves to be shut out of future coaching opportunities, but I’ll never feel sorry for a guy in his situation. Most of us have experienced having to pay the piper for their actions and we most likely didn’t have millions of dollars on which we could land softly. I really do hope Freeze has reformed and has a successful rest of his career but there is a price to pay for bad behavior like his. Believe me......he’s not crying himself to sleep.

VN Store

Back