'20 TN OL Jake Wray

Wasn't the family and older son not happy with us, or felt slow played?

That was the old staff.

Regarding Wray.... I’ve not heard anything about the new staff reaching out to him, despite our pursuit of numerous guys on his team.

Reactions: VolDC
Ohio State lost its second verbal commitment in as many days as Jake Wray, a class of 2020 offensive lineman out of Marietta (Ga.) decommitted from Ohio State via social media. Wray is the younger brother of Ohio State freshman offensive lineman Max Wray and committed to the Buckeyes very early in the process after his older brother did the same.
Wray checks in at 6-foot-5, 290-pounds and is a member of the Rivals250 as the nation’s No. 250th ranked player according to Rivals.com. Wray had the distinction of being the first commit for the Buckeyes in the class of 2020. The Buckeyes held off schools like Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas to land his pledge the first time and will have to battle those schools once again if they are going to try and re-secure Wray’s pledge.
-Rivals

CBs rolling in for Colorado, what happened to this kid, is he just not as good as advertised?
Really struggled at Marietta this past season. Not able to block elite edge rushers in space. Doesn’t handle power rushers either well. He doesn’t translate to an SEC tackle in my opinion. Colorado will be a good fit and he could develop well. Things could really change if he has a good year but last year BJ Ojulari was the best tackle on Marietta’s team.

Last edited:
Really struggled at Marietta this past season. Not able to block elite edge rushers in space. Doesn’t handle power rushers either well. He doesn’t translate to an SEC tackle in my opinion. Colorado will be a good fit and he could develop well. Things could really change if he has a good year but last year BJ Ojulari was the best tackle on Marietta’s team this year.
It blows my mind that a powerhouse like Marietta best offensive lineman is 225 lbs.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Really struggled at Marietta this past season. Not able to block elite edge rushers in space. Doesn’t handle power rushers either well. He doesn’t translate to an SEC tackle in my opinion. Colorado will be a good fit and he could develop well. Things could really change if he has a good year but last year BJ Ojulari was the best tackle on Marietta’s team this year.

The 1st issue is Jake is not a OT but like i told many on Cade Mays and Trey Smith they're all road grating interior OL guys. Since we've had him in Middle school Jake has always projected to OG. This kid is an NFL OG. #2 Ppl hv to remember who Colorado HC is and why guys from the south are going there. Its the UGA connection with Mel Tucker. 3rd things is tOSU will tk him immediately if he wants back in.

The 1st issue is Jake is not a OT but like i told many on Cade Mays and Trey Smith they're all road grating interior OL guys. Since we've had him in Middle school Jake has always projected to OG. This kid is an NFL OG. #2 Ppl hv to remember who Colorado HC is and why guys from the south are going there. Its the UGA connection with Mel Tucker. 3rd things is tOSU will tk him immediately if he wants back in.
What an excuse lol

I dont think he was healthy at all last year, he missed several games and never looked right. Everytime I saw him walking g around he had a massi lve ice pack strapped to his shoulder.

VN Store

Back