Rucker sums it up pretty well

I haven't been Rucker's biggest fan at times, but he just nailed it.
It's just crazy how the fan base locks onto a single individual during these searches and basically loses all common sense. Don't get me wrong, Freeze has a very sharp football mind but a very weak moral ethic. Can you imagine if we did make the hire and he did something again and the reaction of the fanbase? No one would remember how crazed we were about getting him, only that Fulmer hired him and how incompetent he is. I'm by no means against hiring him, but I can certainly understand the concern. I would absolutely expect them to do their due diligence.

Spot on!! Our 25 committed NegaVols will hate that article because as they are reading it, or in some cases having it read to them, they come to the realization that what they call their passionate views can be detrimental to our program in the minds of many.

Spot on!! Our 25 committed NegaVols will hate that article because as they are reading it, or in some cases having it read to them, they come to the realization that what they call their passionate views can be detrimental to our program in the minds of many.
DZzy89XU0AAESW1.jpg

I agree. Great article. Why do we as fans always have to seem so desperate? It's gotta be a good fit.

Well written and thorough article which sums up pretty well what's inside the mind of Vol fans...clearly trying to slow down the Solid Source thread and keep it from hitting 5000.

Reactions: Rodeo vol
He is totally right. We had idiots here on the board wanting to get rid of Helton. He couldn't help that we had one of the worst offensive lines in the history of this school but some thought he should be able to wave a magic wand and create All Americans out of junior high rated players.

I don't think that Hugh Freeze is the only candidate that could do a great job here, but it has been reported multiple times that Pruitt wants someone he is familiar with. I have no idea who all Priutt is familiar with, but of the candidates mentioned, Freeze is the only one that has the success at this position that a new HC could turn the offense over to completely and focus on HC/Defense responsibilities.

Tennessee has not earned the benefit of the doubt. What evidence is there that these folks in charge are going to be any more competent than those here since 2008 that they replaced. Pruitt seems to have the same control freak tendencies that Lyle had that caused Shoop to appear to be a dumba** . Yes, I know that coaches are control freaks by nature. Yes, I know that fit is uber important, (see Fulmer/Cutcliffe, Chaney/Pittman).

But as a fanbase we have been abused more than a tired stripper at a rap music convention. We honestly can't take anymore.

I know I can't. I'm almost to the point of wanting us to take the UAB route. A complete reset and startover may be the only solution to this never ending mess. This fanbase has PTSD and are still in the abusive relationship.

VN Store

Back