Chris Low just said Fulmer wouldn’t sign off

Due to Hugh’s baggage, Fulmer wouldn’t sign off on the hire.

This makes me further believe the reports about Anderson not wanting Freeze. We all know Anderson and Fulmer are aligned at the hip.

giphy.gif

I’ve heard the opposite. No inside source just hearing from west tenn peeps that fulmer and Pruitt are a go but that new findings back in high school coaching days, who knows what, are being vetted. They also say freeze wants the ut job over FSU and auburn. Also if we don’t hear something today expect a reset. Again these are opinions and hear say not facts. Makes since.

The sad thing is we'll never know the real story. UT will come up with a feel-good story to sell us so that we keep on filling the stadium for mediocrity or worse. And it is much worse lately.
And the idiots will buy it and still fill the stands.

All these people who talk about calling the athletic fund about canceling their tickets are full of it.

Well, I thought Low was pretty reliable but after him being wrong about hire and now this I dont know.. Guess we will see but I dont think Fulmer would block this hire unless he knew the university would get blow back from it IMO

Reactions: BJSforVols
I for one am relaxed. Everything is going to be ok. Just sit back and wait for it. We will make the right hire. This is not as big of a deal as many are wanting to make it. More to life than football.
There is literally nothing you can point to that would give anyone a glimmer of hope that this is true

People wanted the man who started the crash to try and fly the plane again

Yea, I'm not "there" yet, but its always been in the back of my head. I thought under the circumstances with how it all played out this time last year, that he was probably our best choice.

I guess we'll see.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Due to Hugh’s baggage, Fulmer wouldn’t sign off on the hire.

This makes me further believe the reports about Anderson not wanting Freeze. We all know Anderson and Fulmer are aligned at the hip.
If true, Ainge will take credit for blocking the hire

Reactions: Volnut

Rucker nailed it with this quote:
I suspect a good-sized chunk of Tennessee’s fan base gets so focused on one particular candidate...When they see a name and a face they know, they become borderline obsessed.... And they put themselves in a situation where virtually any hire aside from that one...is a sign that Tennessee just isn’t ready to return to the big-boys table.
This is absolutely what far too many of us do on VN.com. I don't know about Volunteer Nation in general, he may be wrong about that. I strongly suspect that we on VN.com do NOT represent the larger fan base very well...we're the self-selected, overly-obsessed, sometimes borderline-lunatic fringe. So he may be wrong about normal Volunteer Nationites. But Rucker nailed us here.

Last edited:
Well, I thought Low was pretty reliable but after him being wrong about hire and now this I dont know.. Guess we will see but I dont think Fulmer would block this hire unless he knew the university would get blow back from it IMO
Could be Low saving Face and Credibility....

Reactions: jp1
Let’s say for a minute it IS true. Why on earth would we bash Fulmer for making a decision like this? Wouldn’t it be safe to say he may have a little more information than we do? Wouldn’t you also say there are few people, if any, who want to see Tennessee football return to relevance more than him? So if he was on board with Freeze at first and then through the proper vetting process discovered or learned of things that could even possibly look bad for Tennessee wouldn’t it be in our best interest to pull the reigns back?
I love how so many on here will bash other universities for cheating or for having a staff with poor ethics or morals but they would jump at the chance to bring those same issues here.
I want to win as bad as anyone but I won’t go after the people charged both with fielding a winning team and putting a team and staff out there I can be proud of for doing what’s best for UT in the long run.
Blast away and say nobody can be proud of what Tennessee has fielded the past ten or so years but that wasn’t this administration. Let them work.

The sad thing is we'll never know the real story. UT will come up with a feel-good story to sell us so that we keep on filling the stadium for mediocrity or worse. And it is much worse lately.
Crazy, Sounds eerily similar to a piss poor NFL team that has been poorly managed the last several years up in Cleveland....

Reactions: amorange and Volnut
Rucker nailed it with this quote:

This is absolutely what far too many of us do on VN.com. I don't know about Volunteer Nation in general, but Rucker nailed us here.

Rucker is jibber jabbering about one thing and another, trying to excuse failure to hire the best coach available and blaming the fans when we don't like it. Disgusting.

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back