'19 GA WR Jadon Haselwood (Oklahoma commit)

I don't totally disagree with you, but didn't they just beat BC Saturday?
If BC and Kentucky played at a neutral site... Over/Under on Kentucky favored by 10?

JG has certainly had his moments... but he's throwing to some really good WRs and can't complete an intermediate pass to save his life... unless we're playing Auburn... apparently

Calloway and Jennings are both NFL-level talents... not #1 feature NFL guys, but they're both starter-caliber NFL #2's that can go get a 50/50 ball over a good corner

Obviously, the O-line play has been subpar, and it's hard to deliver a good ball when you've got a 6'4" 300 pound SEC beefcake coming at you unblocked... but at the same time, versus good teams, Chryst has come in and ran an efficient offense that scored points throwing solid short-intermediate passes after JG got blanked and put out of the game

Now I'm not hating on the deep balls because they need to be thrown every so often to keep a defense honest........ and we have the WRs to compete for those balls... and it's hard to be balanced when you're averaging 2 yards a carry after you subtract an 60 yard run for a TD from a Chandler breakout run... but I feel like JG doesn't have the timing to make the short quick throws and intermediate back-shoulder fades... he doesn't have a clock in his head... so you can knock the o-line play all you want but knowing the o-line play is what it is the guy still stands there for 6 seconds, watching the field, and looks bewildered that he got drilled from his blind side because he didn't roll out or throw the ball away....

maybe just me...

Also... WTH happened to JG's "dual-threat" 4.4 40??? He sounded like Mike Vick coming out of HS... I'm pretty sure I could beat him in a footrace if we're starting from the pocket haha

Just to relate it to the thread... I don't blame Haselwood a bit for not considering us outside of a hat on the table... he might regret it in 3 years after the o-line is solidified and Maurer or Harrison is slinging it... but futures is futures... and them women at power-5 Florida schools are something to behold :)

Reactions: BreatheUT
Contenders: Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma

Breakdown: Has there been a more talked about 2019 recruit the last six weeks? Haselwood was at one time committed to Georgia, but after re-opening his recruitment early in October, he has been a hot name. Haselwood is fresh off an official visit to Florida State and the Seminoles are working hard to become a true contender. Auburn, Miami and Oklahoma have already received official visits. Will Haselwood be back in Athens this weekend for his official visit to Georgia? Many will have their eye on that. The Hurricanes have been the school trending since the decommitment, with Georgia still fighting to get him back. We will not know who wins this war until Jan. 5 at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

-Simmons

Word on the streets from this afternoon and tonight from my friend, which is in Knoxville till after New Years, is that, Haselwood is hopeful that Tennessee will announce their new offensive co, by Jan 4th.

Word on the streets from this afternoon and tonight from my friend, which is in Knoxville till after New Years, is that, Haselwood is hopeful that Tennessee will announce their new offensive co, by Jan 4th.
This "word on the street" is nice to hear. We may still be in this if it is true. Hopefully Pruitt makes a good hire but most everyone has bvs at the moment.

He's taken 3 OV's to this point so there could be a chance for a visit if we were able to get an OC in place soon. Georgia will probably get the last with his announcement set for Jan. 5 iirc

CJP knows how important it is for recruiting to get an OC quickly. I imagine there will be somebody in place quickly. Hopefully it's someone we can all be excited about.
Man it's hard to even get through reading your posts because your Avi is so distracting 😂, but honestly I don't think it will be extremely quick unless the right guy is ready to head this way at this very moment, too much riding on this hire to jump the gun and get it wrong, that could easily cost Pruitt his job

Reactions: 2xVol

VN Store

Back